TrailWarrior

We know it's only just past and that many bums are still sore but early bird entries for the 2019 36ONE open tomorrow at 12:00 midday. The 2019 event has moved to May, with the dates set for the 17th to 19th of May 2019. Click here for the event listing on Bike Hub. And visit www.the36one.co.za for more information. 

post-102195-0-84545400-1524662160_thumb.jpg

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OKAAAY!! I succumbed to my better judgement yet again  :eek:

Entry in! ...... now to get lean and mean.386 days, 12mths and and to get that right! lol!

Being in May month, I think that Karoo dust is going to be a little damp.... :whistling:

We know it's only just past and that many bums are still sore but early bird entries for the 2019 36ONE open tomorrow at 12:00 midday. The 2019 event has moved to May, with the dates set for the 17th to 19th of May 2019. Click here for the event listing on Bike Hub. And visit www.the36one.co.za for more information.

Think the date change is a good idea. Many cyclists used to do Joberg2C and 36one. (Me included) This year both races started on the same day. ( this year I gave both a rest after being none stop sick after Munga, but if had to choose between the two, I think J2C most likely would have been first choice)

• 7 months later...

So thinking about doing this, I see registration is on the 17th till 16h00, what time is the start though? 

Try to see if I could squeeze it in after Sani trail that ends on the 16th? 

So thinking about doing this, I see registration is on the 17th till 16h00, what time is the start though? 

Try to see if I could squeeze it in after Sani trail that ends on the 16th? 

18h00

Much better answer above

Edited by hboli4

For those who have done this race before, is Checkpoint 2 very close to the start?

We are looking to enter a relay team and need to know if we need a support driver to pick up and drop off guys or if it's at the same venue as the start?

For those who have done this race before, is Checkpoint 2 very close to the start?

We are looking to enter a relay team and need to know if we need a support driver to pick up and drop off guys or if it's at the same venue as the start?

You are looking at roughly 17km from the start/finish to CP2 at Volmoed

As the crow flies - yes. It's quite close. But it's not the same venue. about 20km out of town in the middle of nowhere!

If I was in your team - I'd like to be taken to and collected from that checkpoint. Assuming that you're doing the full event as a 2 or 4 man/woman relay, you'll probably only be handing over at the earliest 2am.

(There is also the added complexity of getting to the first checkpoint if you're a 4 person team).

Just can’t find a spot for this event. Now it will clash with 100miler onthe same weekend. In terms of one day events the previous date had no clashes on the same weekend just that Swartberg 100 Miler was the following weekend. What about June? IMO pick a date & stick to your guns.

As the crow flies - yes. It's quite close. But it's not the same venue. about 20km out of town in the middle of nowhere!

If I was in your team - I'd like to be taken to and collected from that checkpoint. Assuming that you're doing the full event as a 2 or 4 man/woman relay, you'll probably only be handing over at the earliest 2am.

(There is also the added complexity of getting to the first checkpoint if you're a 4 person team).

New to this event.....

Is the start and finish line in the same place or some distance apart (cant really tell from the website) ?

Also, how far is the start from say the centre of town?

Thanks in advance.