TrailWarrior

The Race Rules pdf is a bit muddled, has some info/dates from 2018 in it.

I still agree with Waldo regarding the distance markers for the 2 x Rooiberg WP's, they seem to be out by about 10km as the other points are all correct?

Don't see anything about the compulsory medical we had to do last year or am I missing something?

I wonder if the difference is because they exclude the "neutral" section of the race

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a great event. Also haven’t trained a heck of a lot but I am doing Sani that weekend so couldn’t consider it even if I wanted to

I wonder if the difference is because they exclude the "neutral" section of the race

No I don't think that is the case. Neutral zone was about 4km's and according to my file from last year the top of Rooiberg was at 252km(excl neutral zone), they have that as the WP at the bottom and the top as 264km. Another indicator is that they have Calitzdorp at 280km which is correct but it is definitely not only 16km from the top of Rooiberg to CP3.

What do you have from last year?

No I don't think that is the case. Neutral zone was about 4km's and according to my file from last year the top of Rooiberg was at 252km(excl neutral zone), they have that as the WP at the bottom and the top as 264km. Another indicator is that they have Calitzdorp at 280km which is correct but it is definitely not only 16km from the top of Rooiberg to CP3.

What do you have from last year?

257.5 from the start to where they had the WP at the top of Rooiberg (incl neutral zone)

https://www.strava.com/activities/1522823669 

last year there was also issues regarding the distances they gave.

257.5 from the start to where they had the WP at the top of Rooiberg (incl neutral zone)

https://www.strava.com/activities/1522823669 

last year there was also issues regarding the distances they gave.

Yip so that sounds about right. When Waldo mentioned it on this thread I remembered you also mentioned it in your race report last year.

I emailed them about it yesterday to check but no response as yet.

The Race Rules pdf is a bit muddled, has some info/dates from 2018 in it.

I still agree with Waldo regarding the distance markers for the 2 x Rooiberg WP's, they seem to be out by about 10km as the other points are all correct?

Don't see anything about the compulsory medical we had to do last year or am I missing something?

I emailed them last week regarding the medical. It is no longer a compulsory requirement....

No need to go for one !!!!!

36One KM Cutoff

Start-CP1 63 Dist 5hrs

CP1 -WP2 27 90 7hrs

WP2-3 38 128 10hrs

WP3-4 24 152 12hrs

WP4-CP2 28.5 180.5 15hrs

CP2-WP6 36 216.5 18hrs

WP6-7 36 252.5 21hrs

WP7-8 12 264.5 23hrs

WP8-CP3 16 280.5 25hrs

CP3-WP10 26 306.5 28hrs

WP10-11 32 338.5 31hrs

WP11-Fin 23 361.5

Can someone tell me.....is it possible to add the water points like a waypoint on an existing route? Or is there a way you can set up the garmin to give you an indication whats the distances between the water points or how do you guys remember the distances? Do you make a note and stick it to your handle bar? Just interested to know

Can someone tell me.....is it possible to add the water points like a waypoint on an existing route? Or is there a way you can set up the garmin to give you an indication whats the distances between the water points or how do you guys remember the distances? Do you make a note and stick it to your handle bar? Just interested to know

Masking tape on the top tube with distances written on in black permanent marker. Only thing that kept me going!!

Yip so that sounds about right. When Waldo mentioned it on this thread I remembered you also mentioned it in your race report last year.

I emailed them about it yesterday to check but no response as yet.

Race office just replied to my email. The route team confirmed that the distances as per the website, specifically those for the 2 x Rooiberg WP's are incorrect and will be rectified on the website this week. They have the top of Rooiberg at 255km but did not specify whether this included the neutral zone, I guess it doesn't.

Race office just replied to my email. The route team confirmed that the distances as per the website, specifically those for the 2 x Rooiberg WP's are incorrect and will be rectified on the website this week. They have the top of Rooiberg at 255km but did not specify whether this included the neutral zone, I guess it doesn't.

Great stuff! Glad that is cleared up.

Nothing worse when your mental as well as physical being is being pushed and you relying on your computer distance splits to keep you motivated to arrive at a "calculated" water-point and its not there :wacko: ...... lol!

Great stuff! Glad that is cleared up.

Nothing worse when your mental as well as physical being is being pushed and you relying on your computer distance splits to keep you motivated to arrive at a "calculated" water-point and its not there :wacko: ...... lol!

No worries...we know that the next waterpoint is just around this corner or beyond that little hill... :whistling:  :whistling: