Ironman 2019 - PE

_David_

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its loaded now

Yoh this just got real! Suddenly these are REAL people in the app - as opposed to fake names with fake pics just talking rubbish on some forum.

NOW I'm excited!

Calling out the locals.  How is the weather looking?  How hot is 26 degrees in Summerstrand at 14h00?  Is it humid?

Currently it looks like solid wheels will be allowed?   Will the wind assist on the way back or out?

If I read the route correctly a tail wind on the way out would be ideal as the town will protect us on the way back?

Any advice will be appreciated (and updates in the days to come)

Itll be a warm day in PE but probably a good one based on the forecasts.

I always look at the weather there and think 26 is perfect but then for some reason once I start running i literally melt

Calling out the locals.  How is the weather looking?  How hot is 26 degrees in Summerstrand at 14h00?  Is it humid?

Currently it looks like solid wheels will be allowed?   Will the wind assist on the way back or out?

If I read the route correctly a tail wind on the way out would be ideal as the town will protect us on the way back?

Any advice will be appreciated (and updates in the days to come)

Prepare your self for a tough day. Tail wind out but who ever said you protected through town from the easterly is spinning stories. You have most of the climbs with a head wind including heartbreak from there through town is down hill but the wind is directly in your face you will have to work all the way. From there around the beach front its still a head wind and only ounce you pass Pine Lodge does the tail wind start again. The easterly builds through the day so don't over cook the 1st lap. Lets hope it backs off a bit on Sunday.

Prediction Time:

1. Hoffman: He will be out for revenge after last year-a class act and think he has the most to prove.

2. The Don: Cause he is the Don, think the bike course might not suit him but he is my man- crush, and he is such a cool guy. 

3. The Captain: I would think coming from a win on a tough Wales course he will definitely be in there. 

The Girls:

1. Lucy Charles

2 and 3-honestly dont know enough about the field to hazard a guess, maybe Anna Watkinson  in the mix' with Naeth. Not a big field. 

Edited by Wheelsuck

Prediction Time:

2. The Don: Cause he is the Don, think the bike course might not suit him but he is my man- crush, and he is such a cool guy. 

But that bike!!!  :thumbdown:

But that bike!!!  :thumbdown:

That Spez with the postbox in the back was a real winner at 70.3 World Champs-just ask any of the Spaz Pro's -some had it taped down, some lost their whole picnic, some had the lid flapping in the wind...siestog. 

I reckon the top of the guys will be stacked! If a bunch of them have a good day it'll be epic.

Hoffman for sure up there, I've always like Aernouts, Amberger and Cunnama will be good but usual top 7 or so for them. I also like Clavel - that BMC team is crazy.

My real hope is that Matty Trautman has a corker and takes it.

Lucy wins by an hour.... racing only the guys

I think David Mcnamee is going to be in the mix. He probably has a lot of confidence and a strong will to win after another great performance in Kona.

Edited by @ndy