_David_

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like they only swimmimg 2km?

Yip. 1.6km

Very tough swim. Even on the shortened swim, times of the pro's where about 8mim slower on a 1,6km swim

Yeah swim was supposed to be 1600m but my watch said 2150 (although the watch had a bit of an off day). It was pretty choppy so probably a good call.

It’s really sad to come in and hear about the deaths.

Edited by @ndy

Yeah swim was supposed to be 1600m but my watch said 2150 (although the watch had a bit of an off day). It was pretty choppy so probably a good call.

It’s really sad to come in and hear about the deaths.

Well done. The conditions were brutal out there today! Beasterly easterly

YES hubbers!!! That was amazing!

ShaunieG and David those run splits were making me envious of my past endevours!!  ;)

@ndy and SteveC you guys are legit legends!

Group high-5 all, excellent stuff

Can't wait to hear the war stories.

Congratulations to all the finishers on a tough day out-looks like the wind picked up and just kept on going.We patiently await race reports.

Sad to hear about the deaths of two competitors-same thing happened a couple of years back at IMBC. Puts our lives in perspective and hope the families find comfort in this time.

The Hoff did it and a decent one and two except for the doper in 3rd. Feel very strongly about this so there is always that little voice that asks if he is clean.

The girls was so great to see -think that Anja and Lucy won a lot of hearts with the way they conducted themselves. The run by Guru was amazing to see.  

Enjoy the rest time guys and well done again! 

I made it! I'm a semi decent swimmer(swim and surf a lot) and that swim even though shorter was tough. Came out the water with 2.2km. The bike course was beautiful besides for the 40kms of headwind back on each return and the climbs were no joke but it was good. The worst bit was thinking you had 15km of downhill from grassroof climb and the wind just stopped that in its tracks. The marathon wasnt great into the wind but was manageable. They lost my special needs bag and that kinda ruined my run at around 20km but in the end I'm happy. It was an experience, would I do it again? Probably yes

I see Xolani - our man with one leg, and Hein didn't make the bike cutoff.

1:15 swim, 180km cycle in 9:03.

I'm sure we'll see them again in June for Comrades.

Hi Guys 

Anyone still in PE that is coming up to JHB. 

I left my tri shorts and HR Strap at our guest House unfortunately. 

Thanks