Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

Did my rating via the e-mail received from CRC. Will see if I receive a response. Contacted Sky Net and they said it is at ORT, they transferred the call and the phone just rang.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep at it boys until they get the message. This had buggerall to do with Customs and everything to do with the ludicrous fee Skynet is charging for admin, to possibly recoup the low rate they quoted CRC to get the business. Maybe eksemaarnet....

Keep at it boys until they get the message. This had buggerall to do with Customs and everything to do with the ludicrous fee Skynet is charging for admin, to possibly recoup the low rate they quoted CRC to get the business. Maybe eksemaarnet....

agree 100%

Wow! Never have I been so glad to see a thread!

I thought I was going mad when I long email argument trying to get SkyNet to understand that what they are doing is basically extortion. Pay our ludicrous fee or lose your goods.

I've imported plenty of things and done the "admin" myself. I factor in things like duties, VAT, and customs handling fees and am happy to pay them, its the law and the norm. But when I take an Uber and the driver stops to get petrol the driver doesnt charge me a "admin" fee for that. He sets his rate and that is what I pay. By the same measure I've paid my shipping and now you're slapping me with an unexpected fee.

They had my by the balls so I paid their extortion money but I told them in no uncertain term to suck an egg

R350 plus VAT on R350 = R402.50

F0K! R400 handling fee

R250 more than DHL and 4 times slower, BARGAIN!!!

CRC probably pays Skynet a nominal shipping fee upfront and then tells them they must recover the balance COD from the customer... [emoji23][emoji23]

R400 is ludicrous, there's no other way to put it.

Edited by Skylark

Once CRC notice the decline in shipments to SA they might, perhaps, miskien get Skynet involved..

So where are we shopping now, Evans, Merlin, or?

I contacted CRC on the same issue about the use of Skynet! Besides the process taking double the time DHL did, I was also billed with a hefty admin or handling fee which is just not on.

I took the matter up with them but like all big companies who have “Mission Statements” of blah blah blah blah.... customer driven company only to experience that it is 180 degrees to what they preach and is a totally company driven decision.

Edited by olffie1

Did my rating via the e-mail received from CRC. Will see if I receive a response. Contacted Sky Net and they said it is at ORT, they transferred the call and the phone just rang.

Had the same issue!

Checking my past imports ... local clearing fees  on pre paid shipping, excluding the VAT on the import value

Fedex clearing fees are R245 ex VAT, that includes a R79 'advancement fee' whereby they do the clearing before the shipment arrives (but you can still wait days for them to sort it out once its here)

UPS   R105 ex VAT

EMS  R46 ex VAT  (via SAPO,not recommended)

This is

Checking my past imports ... local clearing fees on pre paid shipping, excluding the VAT on the import value

Fedex clearing fees are R245 ex VAT, that includes a R79 'advancement fee' whereby they do the clearing before the shipment arrives (but you can still wait days for them to sort it out once its here)

UPS R105 ex VAT

EMS R46 ex VAT (via SAPO,not recommended)

This is

Never had any issues with SAPO. I will gar rather oay R46 to them than R400 plus to Skynet for almost no better service or delivery time

Never had any issues with SAPO. I will gar rather oay R46 to them than R400 plus to Skynet for almost no better service or delivery time

How long does Ems normally take to arrive at your local post office?

Ems parcels used to be delivered to your door.

Problem with EMS is JIMC - that's the place where the parcels go for customs clearing before they get sent to local PO. Can become a nightmare - they can sit on a parcel for weeks and you cant get any answers as to whats happening. Other times no problems but often I have had major delays even some some parcels get RTS.

How long does Ems normally take to arrive at your local post office?

Ems parcels used to be delivered to your door.

Had some hold ups at JIMC as there is no courier “pushing” for their clients’ package clearing.

But R46 vs R400. That wait is a no brainer for me. Most items I order is not cheaper importing if the Courier Admin fee is that high.

Last item as an example shimano 5800 semi compact chainset. CRC R1,050 + VAT = R1,210. Add R400 to that, 33% of the total landed, it just does not justify loosing after sales support.

I can wait 3 extra weeks for EMS. I am already waiting longer that a week more than the usual prompt DHL speed. So the Skynet time saving is not worth it over EMS

Edited by daniemare