Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

Just a word of caution based on my recent experience. If you order from CRC just specify that you want everything sent together in one parcel. I ordered 4 tyres, received 2 yesterday through SkyNet, paying their ludirous fee, and will probably be asked to pay this again when the remaining 2 tyres arrive. I refuse

I had to, ordered a bike stand and a dropper, was charged duties twice, as they use the same invoice. Fortunately mine was Aramex and Sapo bike stand took 1 week, Dropper 2 months

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DHL used to handle those 799 orders just fine...

Not the 4 times that I made use of them, just saying! Also waited weeks on end for DHL to process my parcels. Twice they have failed to inform me my parcels where there but were quick to threaten me with storage fees. I even have a DHL flask sent to me as an apology.

Altho I understand that paying a premium price for transport and getting it sooner is what is expected. Which is why I am happy with priority tracked, no expectations, no hectic clearance fees and a pleasant surprise when it arrives earlier than expected as well as the odd occasion when the Post Office under charges.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

I ordered a couple of small things from CRC last Monday and it arrived today.

I also had to first pay an invoice including R350 "admin fee".

If you consider how many of us only (Hubbers and CRC customers) had to pay their admin fee, it is sickening to think how quickly it adds up for them for doing nothing really. I pointed that out to Skynet, but they just wanted the proof of payment. :angry:

Edited by JJacobs

I ordered a couple of small things from CRC last Monday and it arrived today.

I also had to first pay an invoice including R350 "admin fee".

If you consider how many of us only (Hubbers and CRC customers) had to pay their admin fee, it is sickening to think how quickly it adds up for them for doing nothing really. I pointed that out to Skynet, but they just wanted the proof of payment. :angry:

Send a complaint via email to CRC! hopefully they will realize there are plenty of unhappy hubbers willing to switch to an alternative online store... 

Dalene replied to my mail yesterday.

"released today delivery will be tomorrow"

The tracking still says released by customs, so not sure which tomorrow Dalene was talking about  :thumbdown:   :mellow:

I finally got the e-mail from them for my ID number so that my package can be cleared.

Apart from a very unprofessional e-mail from Daleen (No Hi, this is Skenet, just a blunt - send ID for Clearance), I thought maybe I should clear this myself seeing what you guys are paying.

So in order to do this, they charge a Hand Over Fee. Guess what this fee is = R350 + VAT = R402.50. Same as clearing it. So there goes that idea.

So so long CRC

Edited by daniemare

Order for single item placed 9th May....when presented with delivery options, the "DHL Express" option is still there, so I thought OK cool maybe because of my delivery location (Qatar) but when shipping details were sent with tracking info, hello SKYNET.....! So I inquired to their online HELP....fees paid where all inclusive however they have no control of customs duties due on entry...fair enough....no mention of admin fees from shipping company....

So lets see....

Shipping update: 

Recvd by Carrier 11th May London...arrived at hub...(not this Hub but their hub)..... :ph34r:

Merlin Cycles UK send their stuff via UPS...and UPS 's system is so much better....no paying upfront.. the driver rocks up with an invoice and a CC machine. So much more efficient.

that is truth: back when CRC was with UPS, they did damn well service wise. The switch to DHL seemed to the start of the slipper slope to rank horrible delivery service. Was so hacked off with DHL, i often preferred waiting abit longer and go with EMS/SAPO. Yeah,that bad. Outside of strike season, i found SAPO/EMS to be very reliable. just needed that thing called patience.

anyway, now we hitting the sludge near the bottom of the service delivery swamp: all this aggravation from Skynet has to be near the bottom of how low CRC can go with delivery service.

Order for single item placed 9th May....when presented with delivery options, the "DHL Express" option is still there, so I thought OK cool maybe because of my delivery location (Qatar) but when shipping details were sent with tracking info, hello SKYNET.....! So I inquired to their online HELP....fees paid were all inclusive however they have no control of customs duties due on entry...fair enough....no mention of admin fees from shipping company....

So lets see....

Shipping update: 

Recvd by Carrier 11th May London...arrived at hub...(not this Hub but their hub)..... :ph34r:

Edit spelling

I finally got the e-mail from them for my ID number so that my package can be cleared.

Apart from a very unprofessional e-mail from Daleen (No Hi, this is Skenet, just a blunt - send ID for Clearance), I thought maybe I should clear this myself seeing what you guys are paying.

So in order to do this, they charge a Hand Over Fee. Guess what this fee is = R350 + VAT = R402.50. Same as clearing it. So there goes that idea.

So so long CRC

If you look at the details on the SAD500 these clowns provide, SkyNet uses a company called RT.... for their clearing. We should be grateful to CRC for choosing a world-class provider  :cursing:

If you look at the details on the SAD500 these clowns provide, SkyNet uses a company called RT.... for their clearing. We should be grateful to CRC for choosing a world-class provider  :cursing:

Who operate out of a house  (in Benoni)

No.31 Fourth Street

Northmead

Benoni

South Africa

http://www.rtclearing.co.za/contact-us.html

Edited by kosmonooit

Dalene asked for my ID number on Friday for the bars I bought on the 25th...

I guess my express delivery is coming on nicely. Can't wait to pay more than 400 bucks on a £20 item. 

Edited by Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)