Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

So my express parcel arrived 13 days later, after really fighting the fight with SkyNet, and as true as nuts, CRC sent me a Tektro Brake/bell combo lever instead of a ThudBuster! WTF! I didn't even know that such devices existed, much less do I ever want one.

Started the claim process with CRC, and now have to wait "up to 14 days" for the problem to be resolved.

I've always been a CRC fanboy, but this last order has really left a *** taste in my mouth :thumbdown:

Mail CRC, leave a review on their FB page (Skynet & CRC) and then do the Hellopeter / Trustpilot thing. 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my express parcel arrived 13 days later, after really fighting the fight with SkyNet, and as true as nuts, CRC sent me a Tektro Brake/bell combo lever instead of a ThudBuster! WTF! I didn't even know that such devices existed, much less do I ever want one.

Started the claim process with CRC, and now have to wait "up to 14 days" for the problem to be resolved.

I've always been a CRC fanboy, but this last order has really left a *** taste in my mouth :thumbdown:

nonsense man, that brake/bell lever is a score!

You wanna sell that lever?

My experience has been turned around by Skynet with some solid communication and unbroken promises! You can't expect everyone involved to be a high caliber employee, but when it's escalated to the few that are, the process flies. 

I have my package and some fees were waivered  :clap:  (i'm sure because it was almost a month)

My experience has been turned around by Skynet with some solid communication and unbroken promises! You can't expect everyone involved to be a high caliber employee, but when it's escalated to the few that are, the process flies. 

I have my package and some fees were waivered  :clap:  (i'm sure because it was almost a month)

Wow! I'm seriously impressed that you got them to waive their fees. After the run around I got and the slurry of generic responses I didnt think they were capable of reason. Congrats, a victory for the little guys!

Wow! I'm seriously impressed that you got them to waive their fees. After the run around I got and the slurry of generic responses I didnt think they were capable of reason. Congrats, a victory for the little guys!

I didn't get them to do it at all. CRC Waived the express delivery fee and rightly so, but Skynet was just a huge bonus. I think the fact that my item was only 20 Pounds also had something to do with it, along with the good nature of the people I dealt with. 

So, I also had a lousy experience with Skynet, my order has been sitting in Customs since 14th April.

After firing off an email to their customer service team, I VERY quickly got responses apologizing for the lack of action. I point them to this thread which absolutely horrified their International Operations Manager.

I also pointed out that other couriers manage to get shipments cleared in hours and charge far less 'admin' fee.

She has promised to look into it and do what she can to improve service.

As an apology for my experience, they also waived the admin cost, so I'm hoping they will take it seriously.

I have to give them props for owning their problem. At least it's something.

Tada...Received by Carrier.....

Express Delivery....8 days so far.......

Tada!....

post-35907-0-34415400-1526715773_thumb.jpeg

post-35907-0-27352900-1526715813_thumb.jpeg

post-35907-0-02133300-1526715845_thumb.jpeg

OK so in total:

Place order on 10th May, dispatched on 11th May to Skynet, received by Skynet on 11th May, left UK on 15th May, arrived destination 17th May, delivered 19th May.

Total: 9 days....Order was Express

Here's the thing tho'

Order was placed Thursday....mistake.....

Deliveries to my region only twice a week.....

Qatar has embargo so it may have gone via Dubai...then either Oman or Kuwait to get here...can't get this info...

Or it came direct arrived here on Thursday, Ramadan started Friday....

Delivered Saturday...

So in all fairness, I can't complain given all the hurdles needed to get it here...I got great feedback from the Skynet UK office (Lauren) after calling them direct, the local office was great...

ANNNNDDDD......

"Customs" duties......R280...COD

Happy to pay, in total I saved over 30% via CRC (the item was discounted for a week only)..

SCORE!!!!!!

Edited by capediver

Sooo my parcel arrived yesterday.... 200 odd bucks for the usual duties and 350 for the skynet "admin fee" all in all not the worst service ever but CRC have lost myself as a future buyer(I've bought a couple things from CRC over the years) in short I chose the standard shipping option however apparently if the item is over R500 then it goes via the courier.(probably something to do with to many parcels getting "lost at SAPO) SO included in the admin fee was the delivery to my door.

Tip: When dealing with skynet follow up everyday!

Placed an order yesterday morning on their new customer interface (which is quite cool!) and selected the express option. My past orders have come with DHL, but this morning I got an update via email saying the parcel will be delivered via SkyNet. Any experiences with SkyNet, do I need to worry?

I really hope I don't have to endure another Bike24/DHL Paket/SAPO/EMS saga like I'm having at the moment  :thumbdown:

Im having a terrible experience

They say the parcel has been dispatched but no tracking information, how this is possible i do not know

Sooo my parcel arrived yesterday.... 200 odd bucks for the usual duties and 350 for the skynet "admin fee" all in all not the worst service ever but CRC have lost myself as a future buyer(I've bought a couple things from CRC over the years) in short I chose the standard shipping option however apparently if the item is over R500 then it goes via the courier.(probably something to do with to many parcels getting "lost at SAPO) SO included in the admin fee was the delivery to my door.

Tip: When dealing with skynet follow up everyday!

Where did you agree to admin fees?

I was thinking about a Bike through them November/December but now I am seriously reconsidering reading all of this, is it only SA Skynet or the rest of the world?

CRC don't know their arse from their elbow.

Zero customer service and some arrogant, untrained twats at the end of their chatline.

Where did you agree to admin fees?

Their version of DHL's clearance / handling fee, which was usually in the 200 ZAR region. Thing is, we were happy to pay DHL as it was a proper express service (most of the time, I have my own DHL related horror story) but still.