Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

So i ordered shoes from CRC. Paid the 6.5 pounds and my parcel got lost. They resent it via Skynet and after paying customs their 45% and 15 % Vat, Skynet have charged me an additional R200 admin fee for clearing the parcel at customs.  :cursing:

Which is what everyone in this thread has paid?

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Last post 27 Jul, so expecting any vast service improvement is probably a bit optimistic.?

CRC website shows DHL and Parcel Force tracking which is somewhat misleading isn't it.?

yep. sort of.

order placed: 07/08/2018

arrived in RSA 13/08/2018 - no invoice with parcel for customs.

17/08/2018 invoice received and parcel released.

21/08/2018 parcel received

I'm currently in a battle with both CRC and Skynet.

Ordered 27/07 and only one item (£8 press fit kit) was delivered yesterday after huge fight! Seems as someone at Skynet London scored a nice Parktool repair stand.

Darn, I was hoping to get some Hope / Flow S1's and have them shipped over but now I'm not too sure! 

yep. sort of.

order placed: 07/08/2018

arrived in RSA 13/08/2018 - no invoice with parcel for customs.

17/08/2018 invoice received and parcel released.

21/08/2018 parcel received

So +-2 week delivery period.

Was that Express via Skynet.? (listed as 3-5 days)

One almost expects the delay, but hopes for better communication at least.

Edited by Thomo

You guys are getting me nervous now... Ordered from Merlin Cycles yesterday with UPS and from some experiences described on here I would be in for one helluva wait  :(

You guys are getting me nervous now... Ordered from Merlin Cycles yesterday with UPS and from some experiences described on here I would be in for one helluva wait  :(

Issue is with Skynet, not UPS that Merlin uses.

Issue is with Skynet, not UPS that Merlin uses.

Just saw a couple of UPS experiences in earlier posts which were also not positive but let's hold thumbs...

Just saw a couple of UPS experiences in earlier posts which were also not positive but let's hold thumbs...

Lol, must be confirmation bias. I read it the other way.

It can't possibly be worse.

Please keep us posted for those trying to decide between CRC & Merlin/Other.

I've been buying from Merlin and using their UPS free courier option since 2015, and I never had an issue with this. The best delivery period was 2 days for the goods to be delivered at customs in SA, the average delivery time is 4 days. Track it online and when you know it's here, call UPS in Jhb and ask about the clearance fees. I usually do an EFT and send them confirmation of payment from my bank, and delivery happens the next day. I've had over 20 orders and never had a lost/stolen item, and delivery was always under a week. 

It can't possibly be worse.
Please keep us posted for those trying to decide between CRC & Merlin/Other.