Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

So, called Skynet in the UK who were shocked I hadn't been contacted when it arrived on the 24th. They passed me to the Wiggle Department in Skynet that were equally shocked that I hadn't been given the customs bill already. Got given 2 SA numbers to ring (one JHB and one CT) 'because the JHB people may not answer'. Rang the JHB number and had a very helpful day who passed on the number for a lady called Delize at their airport branch. Called that and after a while on hold got told by Delize that it was there and if I gave her my ID number then she would send an invoice today and put it in for clearance. 

Seems promising. Seems also that I should have rung earlier and the label on the tracking 'in customs awaiting clearance' wasn't exactly correct! All good though, just hoping that the invoice comes out today and we can get trucking. 

So did she get back to you today ?

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I placed an order about 2 weeks before Christmas, hoping to receive it while still on holiday, so used my parents home in the Western Cape as the delivery address, as we would be there until the 6th of Jan

Expecting shipping time with the express option selected was 4 days. I thought it might take a bit longer than that, but not this much longer. 

The package arrived in JHB on the 24th of December and has been there ever since. No customs invoice yet, also been told I have to wait for them to send it, I cant request it.... did not know about the extra R350 handling fee, so now I am even more upset. 

Now I am back from holiday and called to ask if I can update the delivery address, bearing in mind, my package hasn't left customs at OR Tambo yet. Sorry, nope, can't do that, I will have to make a plan to get it sent back to JHB from my parents' house in Hermanus, one day when they finally manage to get it delivered. 

Im going to lose my mind with this rubish. Why did CRC have to change, DHL used to be amazing. Skynet seems to be on par with the post office

I don't think i've dealt with a more useless bunch than Skynet ever before in my life.

Placed an order on the 20th of November and paid for Express shipping. Package arrived in SA on the 23rd. Received an e-mail from Skynet on the same day telling me that formal customs clearance is required because the value exceeds R500. Send ID details, etc.

Still haven't receieved my parcel after eventually getting invoice for the duties payable on the 10th of December. Paid next day.

I have stopped counting the amount of e-mails sent between myself and Skynet. They told me last week the parcel would be released. Nothing a week later. Another mail sent, reply with parcel will be released. Still nothing.

What a useless company. Have no words.

Could not agree more. Ordered on 23 November...arrived in Joburg on the 7th of December....then had to email/call Skynet on numerous occasions to ask them to invoice me for the VAT/customs......then finally got the invoice on the 19th of December and paid the same day...goods was then sent to Cape Town on the 21st of Dec....still not here and no answer from the skynet contact person in CT....bunch of clowns....how did they get a contract with CRC?

can i please ask that every one of you that have had an issue go complain on hellopeter , see if you can log A google business review , review on faceboook , complain on twitter or instagram 

informing others on here is great but once CRC start feeling the hurt in seeing their charts drop in terms oif traffic or happy customers they MIGHT make A worthwhile effort to put a BOOT to SKYNET's ass 

can i please ask that every one of you that have had an issue go complain on hellopeter , see if you can log A google business review , review on faceboook , complain on twitter or instagram 

informing others on here is great but once CRC start feeling the hurt in seeing their charts drop in terms oif traffic or happy customers they MIGHT make A worthwhile effort to put a BOOT to SKYNET's ass 

Expecting shipping time with the express option selected was 4 days. I thought it might take a bit longer than that, but not this much longer.

Skynet Express = 4 weeks (if you're lucky)

Not sure how that timeframe may be impacted by festive season.

And yes, they charge a admin/handling fee for that service.

Ridiculous.!

Ridiculous.!

A service fee on top of the shipping cost that's already been charged.

What the actual

Ridiculous.!

A service fee on top of the shipping cost that's already been charged.

What the actual

4 days from Merlin to my door this afternoon for a brake rotor / adaptor and some odds and ends.

Again, UPS or go home.

My Skynet fiasco is similar to the other horror stories. Shipped from CRC 21Nov. Paid customs 4 Dec. Numerous mails and calls. Still don't have my goods. SAPO is honestly nicer to deal with.

Has anyone contacted CRC about this? Perhaps they should be made aware of these issues with Skynet

Has anyone contacted CRC about this? Perhaps they should be made aware of these issues with Skynet

Everytime there's been an issue.

Even brought this and any other similar threads to their attention.

Not convinced that they are serious about addressing.

Nor will they make alternative shipping arrangements.

Got my invoice yesterday after I spoke to them, paid it and the shipment is on it's way. So if it's delivered tomorrow it'll have been 17 days from purchase with Xmas and NY thrown in. Was also the free shipping option from CRC when I purchased so I actually expected Royal Mail / SAPO and at least a month. 

Had a fork brought by the old courier CRC used take 2 weeks. Aramex usually takes 8 days odd.

With this though I wonder how long it would have sat at the airport before they contacted me and conversely I wonder how quickly I could have got it had I followed up quicker. 

Current timeline of my December Order.

Order placed 11 Dec 18. UK
Parcel arrived 13 Dec 18. RSA

After a week of radio silence I get a mail requesting admin fee cost "Skynet" 20 Dec 18.
21 Dec 18. Ridiculous admin fee paid, Skynet should've delivered long time ago.

8th Jan still waiting... 

I've sent emails, complained...just get an apology and a gift voucher...for the suffering cycle to start again...