Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

I actually received my package today. Completely out of the blue. Forgot about my order so it was like a surprise gift. Express in my case took 5 weeks. Granted it was over the festive and black Friday period.

Your expectation are somewhat low.

I ordered on black Friday from Amazon, received my package the following Tuesday morning, 3 days before orders from local online stores. UPS, Aramex and DHL ftw.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve just received my package from CRC via skynet. Total time was 14 days from buying to door, gave those numbers a call just to check in the status and Deleze found my package and pushed it along the line for me. Took 2 days to arrive from Jozi once cleared from customs. Not sure what I did right but the process was pretty much the same as before for me. Not lightening fast but shipping was free and the deal in the first place knocked spots off the local offering. Thanks to who ever posted the Sram / rockshox hack on another thread to allow us to order the geo hidden brands. Mint.

I received my package from first week in November also this week.  The package was actually split by CRC.  The Bulk came via DHL - 5 days in total. 

Then, through the magic of Supply Chain Algorithms, 4 sets of brake pads got sent seperately via SkyNet.  I communicated to CRC that I will not be accepting that package from Skynet, as I will not pay R250 clearance fees for GBP17 of Brake pads.  They said they will cancel and refund.

Although I never got the refund, and thought I will fight it in January somewhere, I surprisingly got the package.  Not Clearance Fee, No VAT.  So happy days 

The processes appear to be hit and miss if some goods are coming via DHL and others via Skynet.

Likewise, Skynet's service also appears to be just that, but leaning more toward miss. LOL

I still have not received my invoice for whatever. I have asked Skynet to actually send me the invoice and this seems to be an impossible task for them to accomplish.

Could I go back to CRC at some point in time and ask them to cancel the order and refund me my monies ??

Its really not my problem that Skynet have not delivered the goods is it?

I have been using CRC for years and yes Skynet is not great.

I ordered a dura ace group-set between Merlin and CRC, here are the facts

Ordered from CRC on the 31 Dec parcel arrived 15 Jan.

Ordered From Merlin on the 11 Jan arrived    16 Jan 

With CRC and Skynet, they send you an email with EFT details, but i found it in my junk mail, then you have to EFT and wait two days for it to reflect, then get back on the email and ask them if they got the proof of payment, jeepers back to the 1980.

Merlin uses UPS and there three day service, ordered Friday, they called me Saturday for my ID number, then Wednesday called to say the delivery is on way and what i owe, UPS man brings a Credit card machine.

looks like you have to order GBP130 now on CRC to get free postage

post-46828-0-35367300-1547644583_thumb.png

post-46828-0-57627700-1547644597_thumb.png

my journey so far :/

they don't reply to mails or pick up their phone (airport), and the head office team put me through to someone else where i just ended up in a 15 minute hold tone.  maybe i'll get it before February.

post-87012-0-37678500-1547645040_thumb.png

I've sent emails, complained...just get an apology and a gift voucher...for the suffering cycle to start again...

Same here, standards have really dropped in the last few months.

They are beyond useless. I have given up.

Delize was the first person to contact me (via e-mail) that my package has arrived. Some two weeks later I finally get an invoice from another person, promptly paid, and sent through proof of payment.  

It has now been almost two months since my order was placed and paid for express shipping. Numerous phone calls (including the airport branch), more than 20 e-mails later, still nothing. This after they actually confirm in e-mail that the package will be released. I'm still waiting.

I have now e-mailed Chainreactioncycles and told them to cancel my order and ask their useless courier "partner" to return the package to them, as they are clearly not interested in delivering it to me. I also want a full refund. I'm awaiting their response.

Have they responded?

Have they responded?

CRC and Skynet are making quite a team.

Tried querying a couple of things with CRC which was frustrating at best.

Also noticing so many inconsistencies on their website.

For example, I looked at two wheelsets, one ships @ £13.50 while the other very similar set ships @ £166.00 (both "EXPRESS")

Then I look at a rim and this needs to be shipped "Bulk Package".

Unfortunately none of these available for Merlin, but I may actually consider something else rather and even pay a bit more.

Order shipped 28 Dec arrived here in SA a week later. Still waiting for Skynet .... to send me an invoice frikken useless twats. Why is it that everything in SA is going for a ball of s__t

Edited by Seeker911

Order shipped 28 Dec arrived here in SA a week later. Still waiting for Skynet .... to send me an invoice frikken useless twats. Why is it that everything in SA is going for a ball of s__t

No, yeah, because you can't get your package out of customs that is proof that SA is going to sh*t. Hilarious. 

I don’t fully understand the ‘stuck in customs’ excuse. I placed an order at Merlin Cycles last week Monday(7/01), it was delivered by UPS last week Friday (11/01). I placed another order from Merlin this Monday and the current status is that it’s out for delivery, and I should have it by the end of today. What is the clearing customs process? Is it in house? The service from UPS is on par with what DHL use to offer for CRC. This SkyNet BS is so frustrating. I’ve had two very different experiences with them. The first experience was a total nightmare. The second was ok as a result of lowering my expectations. I’ll be avoiding CRC in future.

my journey so far :/

they don't reply to mails or pick up their phone (airport), and the head office team put me through to someone else where i just ended up in a 15 minute hold tone.  maybe i'll get it before February.

you want Skynets email address they are pretty good at replying, maybe they need your ID details and to pay the customs fee