Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just noticed that CRC, no longer ships Shimano to South Africa, like the Sram deal, anyone experience the same thing.

try this link below, change your destination to UK and the South Africa, product is not available to South Africa

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-dura-ace-r9100-2x11sp-sti-shifter-set/rp-prod150055?mx=a

there is a whole thread on that somewhere here. Best way around it is to have the location as UK, add anything shimano or sram to your withlist, swap location to SA (removes the VAT), move from wishlist to basket and checkout. Wait, track, call Skynet, play nice, pay, get your gear. 

Or set up an Aramex Global Shopper account and ship it that way. 

Have they responded?

I received an e-mail from CRC customer service stating that they are sorry for the issues with my order and that they have contacted the courier to request the return of the order. All I can say is good luck with that one. If they can't even get the delivery done, I sure as hell can't imagine how they are going to get the return done. 

CRC said they will contact me once the process of the return has started. It has now been 7 days and I have had no reply. I suspect this is going to take a while. I'm not holding my breath. 

At the same time I need to somehow get a refund from Skynet for the invoice that I pad. I suspect that I have a better chance of falling pregnant than getting my money back. 

No, yeah, because you can't get your package out of customs that is proof that SA is going to sh*t. Hilarious. 

Some people are like ostrich's and just dont see jack until someone yanks their head out the ground so they can smell the s__t

Some people are like ostrich's and just dont see jack until someone yanks their head out the ground so they can smell the s__t

Seems like you’re good for the job. Keep seeing the glass half empty and tell the world.

After 14 days of waiting for a customs invoice and a day of slander on social media and heated phone calls I finally got an invoice out of Skynet. I actually ended up loosing it completely on the phone, why ?!

I'm a bit cheesed about the R200 admin fee. Never been charged this before. Seems you got to pay for poor service. So I'm an extra R500 out of pocket for VAT, customs and admin fees. Now we wait for actual delivery. Lets hope that actually happens sometime this year.

I must say before buying anything from CRC again I will have to be pretty desperate.

After 14 days of waiting for a customs invoice and a day of slander on social media and heated phone calls I finally got an invoice out of Skynet. I actually ended up loosing it completely on the phone, why ?!

I'm a bit cheesed about the R200 admin fee. Never been charged this before. Seems you got to pay for poor service. So I'm an extra R500 out of pocket for VAT, customs and admin fees. Now we wait for actual delivery. Lets hope that actually happens sometime this year.

I must say before buying anything from CRC again I will have to be pretty desperate.

hopefully you'll get the package soon. I remember paying DHL that 'service fee' as well and being pretty annoyed about that as isn't that what you're paying courier fee for? If you also send stuff in via SAPO you also pay a handling fee I think when you pay any customs charges as well. 

Well it appears that waybills disappear from Skynet's tracking system after 2 months.

Possibly not the worst thing.

Hopefully it sees CRC promptly replacing or refunding.

And just maybe looking into their arrangement with Skynet.

My interaction with Skynet left me wondering about a few things. My initial communication was via email and the names on the cc list where clearly SA names. However when I escalated things (when they got nasty) to both CRC and Skynet I actually got a call from what was clearly an englishman(as in London). In the background I could hear everyone talking with english ascents. The call I received was a local number and the gent introduced himself as being from Skynet. So it seems the local crowd are not getting their **** together so Skynet UK calls me to sort it out but via a local nbr. Not sure how that works out or I've got it all wrong.

Skynet UK gets involved from time to time and perhaps that bit of pressure/interaction helps.

Not so sure how the numbers work though ...

CRC has just lost a customer in me. SkyNet is just unbelievably useless. 

My advice. Don't be tempted even if the prices are worthwhile. You'll just get ulcers.

I got given a gift voucher so decided to try it despite this thread. Even then it wasn't worth it!

I'm plus one there. Probably best to try give the local LBS a try even if you end up paying extra. The local LBS dont have the widest of ranges so if you want something slightly better or in a different color you have no choice but to use overseas cycle shop for example I'm particular about the make of gloves (quality wise) I wear and you can only get those gloves from Europe. 

I do a lot of motorcycling and buy all my parts from the UK at the beginning of the year for the year. The cost is about 50 to 75% cheaper than buying it locally so I save a fortune even if you add shipping and customs in. Strangely enough I have never had any issues with importing motorcycle parts. In fact they all arrive within days of placing the order. Good choice of courier :)

CRC has just lost a customer in me. SkyNet is just unbelievably useless. 

My advice. Don't be tempted even if the prices are worthwhile. You'll just get ulcers.

I got given a gift voucher so decided to try it despite this thread. Even then it wasn't worth it!

• 3 weeks later...

I actually ordered a load of stuff from CRC about 10 days ago and apparently it's out for delivery today. Wasn't as seamless as before with DHL / SAPO but one phone call to the number some one listed here kicked it along a bit and got me the invoice which I paid and now it's hopefully arriving before 12. Can't believe how long some people have been waiting though.