Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

After 14 days of waiting for a customs invoice and a day of slander on social media and heated phone calls I finally got an invoice out of Skynet. I actually ended up loosing it completely on the phone, why ?!

I'm a bit cheesed about the R200 admin fee. Never been charged this before. Seems you got to pay for poor service. So I'm an extra R500 out of pocket for VAT, customs and admin fees. Now we wait for actual delivery. Lets hope that actually happens sometime this year.

I must say before buying anything from CRC again I will have to be pretty desperate.

You are lucky all my orders through Skynet has been nailed with R350 admin fee,and all they say is that's normal. DHL was only R200.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I decided that CRC and Skynet suck. My next order is via Ribble and the resultant courier is ParcelForce. So my order is for a crank tool that costs 17 pound. The delivery fee is 30 pounds for an item that is tiny and weighs like 50g. Anyway I pay the exhorbitent delivery because hey I need the tool and want it ASAP.

Cool everything is really great until it hits SA. Guess what ParcelForce offload onto the SA post office and guess what I am going to end up waiting weeks and months to extract my delivery out of the international mail centre.

So I ask you now what exactly is it am i paying 30 pounds for ?

So I decided that CRC and Skynet suck. My next order is via Ribble and the resultant courier is ParcelForce. So my order is for a crank tool that costs 17 pound. The delivery fee is 30 pounds for an item that is tiny and weighs like 50g. Anyway I pay the exhorbitent delivery because hey I need the tool and want it ASAP.

Cool everything is really great until it hits SA. Guess what ParcelForce offload onto the SA post office and guess what I am going to end up waiting weeks and months to extract my delivery out of the international mail centre.

Aramex not a better option there? R199 (£10 odd) for the first 500g and R99 per 500g after that and here isn about 7 days cleared and delivered. No extra admin charges, pay the Vat and you're home and dry. 

Yip - knocked my head on that one too.

That after questioning the delivery options with Ribble which made it all the more frustrating.

Think delivery took about 6 weeks.

use Aramex Global shopper next time :thumbup:

serious guys, Use Merlin cycles , they have a 3 day UPS service, I ordered on a Friday, it arrived Tuesday, part fitted Tuesday evening, no R200 Fee nothing, and they bring a credit card machine to you to take the import VAT fees  

serious guys, Use Merlin cycles , they have a 3 day UPS service, I ordered on a Friday, it arrived Tuesday, part fitted Tuesday evening, no R200 Fee nothing, and they bring a credit card machine to you to take the import VAT fees

Merlin/UPS is fantastic.! (even though I waited 3+ weeks over the festive period)

Stock can sometimes be an issue though.

Edited by Thomo

Ordered from CRC 31st January, order arrived in SA 3 February.

Got my Vat-Admin Fee-Bend Over invoice and paid it on 5th Feb and since then

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Niks.

13 days and still On Hold, Awaiting Customs Clearance.

Ordered from CRC 31st January, order arrived in SA 3 February.

Got my Vat-Admin Fee-Bend Over invoice and paid it on 5th Feb and since then

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Niks.

13 days and still On Hold, Awaiting Customs Clearance.

Herein lies the problem -SkyNet. Send emails to everyone and copy in SkyNet UK and CRC

Hectic...

I oredered stuff from CRC.

1st parcel, a frame came with DHL. Paid the duty on Saturday and it arrived Monday.

After reading this thread I thought I would have to wait weeks for my axle from SkyNet but it arrived Tuesday morning.

Couldn't be happier as I didn't even select fast shipping!

Couldn't be happier as I didn't even select fast shipping!

I've been tempted to buy something small and do exactly that just to test the speed of regular/tracked post versus so-called EXPRESS.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered 2 weeks ago for express delivery(3 - 5 working days).The package is still sitting in JHB at customs and Skynet is "waiting" to hear back from customs regarding clearance so they can invoice me for VAT. I am Cape town based....

Yep ........that is about it!

• 2 weeks later...

My clutch cable broke on my Triumph Speed Triple 1050 on Thursday. True to form local dealerships have zero stock. Ordered a cable from Wemoto in the UK on Friday morning via DHL , 30 pounds was the fee, cable was in SA Saturday morning delivered to my house 10am Monday. Now thats frikken service !!!!

Ordered a rear cassette from Ribble and couriered through Aramex been waiting 2 weeks now. Cost was very similar if not more.

Edited by Seeker911

i only do merlin these days, if they dont have what i want i don't buy oversees at this stage..if you order friday you'll have it monday or tuesday.

Jenson USA is the other option...they also courier direct. ie, the don't touch SAPO. they might ask you for some sort of bank or card confirmation though......being sceptical americans and all. but i have asked and they ship directly via UPS

Edited by morneS555