Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

You can add Dawn wing tho the Sh*tlist as well. Sister in law sent a GCN jersey as a gift, Dawnwing charges R1900 to "clear" and deliver it. Utterly useless customer service as well.

That's not entirely their fault. There is a 45% (or somewhere in that range) import duty on clothing and then 15% VAT on top of that amount. So an effective 66.75% of the purchase price goes directly to SARS and the shipping company is just a collection agent for this cash.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wont it be better to use something like Aramex Global Shopper when ordering from CRC?

Besides the overseas VAT mentioned already, i would personally describe aramex and aramex global shopper as being just as pathetic as skynet apparently is - aramex doesn't respond to most queries (I'll give them a 5-10% response rate), their products are usually but not always accurately depicted in tracking, they often request the same customs clearance documents numerous times and they have on a few occasions missed delivery deadlines anyway.

In spite of also explicitly asking this for EVERY order, I've never had them deliver anything to me personally, I always have to check tracking and find whoever signed for the parcel at reception myself. Working with aramex is a miserable endeavour.

AAARGGGHHHHH.

I needed something that is not available in SA and as I was not in a great hurry and had read this thread, decided to just sommer do the old Poskantoor thing. I have used it in the past and had OK experience with it and at least it had the benefit of being cheap.

Seems not. Will I have to pay Skynet in any event ?

I was under the impression that free shipping is via Royal Mail and SAPO.

I was told that some bulkier items could default to Skynet.

Placed an order with CRC for a small item, I have since received an SMS to contact a Martin regarding my parcel - anyone else have similar experience?

The email address provided is also a Yahoo address?

He does not answer either

I now have a family member in the Netherlands, I am going to ship to him(or ask him to order) and then let him courier to me, then maybe I(he) can get his hands on some shimano parts. or even rock shox.

Damn

ordered Park tools for home use as no one  had the Campy Cassette lock ring tool and needed  a Chain whip. So brought in both

Firstly invoice from Skynet said 2 or more tools seen as sets for retail sale (**** seriously). The customs VAT and duties almost as expensive as what I could have paid here in SA for both tools. Then that freaking Admin fee. :-(

Expensive lesson. Cheers CRC. That was my lat purchase from you. It appears they are now owned by Wiggle. Anyone ?

Brought in a Neo from them 2 months ago. They used DHL. Everything was just perfect

Its a freaking horror show. I paid my customs fees last week Tuesday, and I am still waiting for an indication of when my package will be delivered.

Sent 2 e-mails for which I received no reply.

So I am still waiting for my package that was dispatched on the 17th of April. Apparently stuck at customs, and everybody I talked to says there is nothing they can do.

This is ridiculous. 

I seriously can't believe people who have posted and obviously read this thread still order from crc

.... Do you know the definition of insanity?

I seriously can't believe people who have posted and obviously read this thread still order from crc

Yes...anybody voting for the ANC today..????????????

So I am still waiting for my package that was dispatched on the 17th of April. Apparently stuck at customs, and everybody I talked to says there is nothing they can do.

This is ridiculous.

Average turnaround for the last couple of orders has been 3-4 weeks from dispatch.

Anything sooner, play the Lotto too and ride your luck.

Edited by Thomo

Yup, this was my last order from CRC. It was also my first order from CRC with Skynet as courier.

Does anyone have experience with Bike24.com shipping? Shipping generally seems cheap, which makes me think it goes through the post office.

A bit late but to my adress in europe they ship by DHL. Very fast last time, annoyed the time before as they had a part in stock and didn't have it(they sourced it quickly must say but my timescale was very tight nd it showed up whne myself checked into the airport)

I'm also done with CRC! Last two orders from Merlin took just over a week. Just a pity they don't have the same variety as CRC

Same here - CRC is unfortunately off my radar. a month in, no package yet and teh Skynet staff is vague as all hell when asking for an ETD.

"Kindly be advised, the parcel was released and has made its way to the Cape town hub in order for delivery."

So possibly hitchhiked or walked, or caught a lift with friends - ETA still unclear, apparently it is in CPT though. They seem almost surprised that it got to CPT.

I ordered and chose what used to be via the Post office. It seems that is via Skynet as well. Usefokkinless.