Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

My parcel arrived (via UPS) in SA exactly a week before kvdp's CRC order. I'm still waiting for it to leave JHB.

ETA was given as Monday after I kicked up a fuss yesterday, received the invoice for duties and paid.  Now it's reverted to "wait and see...", aka waiting for payment.

JensonUSA has offered to refund the USD70 I paid on a shipment (worth R4800, which I think gets you free shipment with CRC).

That is decent.

But if I have to go that route again I'll try Aramex or something...

Honestly, I prefer SkyNet and CRC.

has your parcel actually arrived ?  i had a case where they said it was there but it was still in London Heafrow  :eek: . yes best make sure it is actually at their premisis 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has your parcel actually arrived ? i had a case where they said it was there but it was still in London Heafrow :eek: . yes best make sure it is actually at their premisis

(????Think I’m going to start a thread on UPS...)

Fork and spoon that’s a bold lie!!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. So I have some good news with regards to CRC orders.

Seems that they have now shifted away from Skynet to Aramex. I ordered last week Thursday and they delivered today. Used regular tracked delivery. Super smooth, received a mail from Aramex with customs clearance info, next day received another email with clearance payment info and two days later the package arrived.

Also didn't have a stupid high clearing fee as with Skynet.

Word.

Edited by Heinrich Hattingh

Seems that they have now shifted away from Skynet to Aramex. I ordered last week Thursday and they delivered today. Used regular tracked delivery. Super smooth, received a mail from Aramex with customs clearance info, next day received another email with clearance payment info and two days later the package arrived.

Word.

Did you use the standard delivery "Free" or the Priority Tracked "R240" and what was you clearance fee?

My CRC & Skynet experience:

20 Nov - order placed

25 Nov - clearance invoice received

28 Nov - package delivered to my door

Skynet fee for clearance - R230

I did not pay for delivery.

My previous order with CRC. Paid delivery. Aramex fee - R57.50.

8 Nov - order placed

18 Nov - clearance invoice received

21 Nov - package delivered to my door

Word.

Aramex is brilliant. I had few US orders with them the last couple of months and everything arrived well before the estimated date.

Aramex is brilliant. I had few US orders with them the last couple of months and everything arrived well before the estimated date.

I'll second this.

Have just received my first order through Aramex Global and service and timing was top notch. UNLIKE UPS (which I moaned about earlier)... a bad experience followed by another. I had a purchase released from customs on the 19th and it took UPS until the 27th to get it out of customs and into their warehouse.  Apparently. I am quite sure they had no cooking clue where it was.  The invoice was dated the 22nd but I received it after a lot of begging and pleading and emails back-and-forth only on the 28th. They have some helpful people but somewhere something is seriously broken inside their systems.

Aramex was a breeze and their tracking is accurate.  Using AGS is also very reasonably priced. Good for them.

Recently I purchase something From Merlin, went through DHL in my hands within 3 days, recent parcel went through UPS, 7 days still waiting Web tracking shows its out for delivery.

Recently I purchase something From Merlin, went through DHL in my hands within 3 days, recent parcel went through UPS, 7 days still waiting Web tracking shows its out for delivery.

I purchased from Merlin last week, the Parcel is still in Germany awaiting clearance. Tracking shows ETA as 5th Dec but I highly doubt this will happen.

Ordered Friday. Received today. 

This and my previous package was done by DHL. I think value comes into play for CRC to choose between skynet and DHL

Ordering anything approaching this side of december - from anywhere, wil only result in frustration imo.

The influx of seasonal shipments worldwide as well as the steady ‘end year work performance decline‘ of the departments your package needs to move through will have you pulling your hair out. Don't do it if you can help it.

Ordered Friday. Received today.

This and my previous package was done by DHL. I think value comes into play for CRC to choose between skynet and DHL

Any indication on the amount more or less? As well as what shipping method you chose when checking out?

Any indication on the amount more or less? As well as what shipping method you chose when checking out?

My first package was 2800 excl shipping went through DHL second package was R2000 incl shipping went through UPS.

My first package was 2800 excl shipping went through DHL second package was R2000 incl shipping went through UPS.

Thanks, either or really...as long as SAPO doesnt touch it and you can track it.

I can prove - I have the screenshots, emails and two long stories that UPS is the problem. My bet is they actually don't know where stuff is.  Their systems don't work and neither do some of their staff one of whom was requested numerous times by a supervisor to bill me but a) didn't and b) didn't have the decency to explain why not.

One of my most recent shipments was dispatched from Merlin in two parts (simultaneously) with two tracking numbers. Both arrived in SA together, cleared customs on the same day. But the one was then tracked as being back in Germany and then back in SA. And then in SA while also in Germany.

Apparently...

As I said, it's a long and winding story. And a second BAD experience in a month.

Multiple phone calls, emails etc.

They make excuses about not having commercial invoices (when they do, my first experience), not having had the shipment billed, and of course that the item has not been cleared by customs (when tracking shows it has). There are some very helpful people at UPS.  One of them is a guy called Colin who himself said to me you have no idea about what goes on. I got to know him quite well.

This has nothing to do with Black Friday or whatever.

By comparison, Aramex GS was an absolute pleasure. And the parcel I had shipped from the States left California on the same day as my Merlin shipment, travelled by road to NY, where AGS picked it up a week later and arrived at my house the day after the Merlin shipment - so, 6 days faster for a much more complicated process. They were prompt, professional and very reasonably priced.  Oh, and their tracking in SA also works unlike UPS. I could see when they hit the local depot so knew when to be home to expect my parcel, besides which, they phoned when they hit town.

UPS says your stuff is still in JHB but then pitches up at your house to deliver when you don't expect it.

Believe me, there is a reason UPS is no longer CRC's courier.