Pro cyclist in possession on stolen bicycle

Edereese

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I'm reading correctly the bike that was suspposeldy stolen was actually not stolen and that his father reported the bike stolen to police station to put a claim in ????????‍♂️

Looks like insurance fraud.. eish.

Not a good place to be if an insurance company wants your head.

‘The bicycles were identified earlier in the race but the cyclist was awarded the opportunity to finish the race...’

????????????

So if I'm reading correctly the bike that was suspposeldy stolen was actually not stolen and that his father reported the bike stolen to police station to put a claim in ‍♂

It says the Bikes were nicked in Grassy Park Cape Town and tracked to Limpopo

‘The bicycles were identified earlier in the race but the cyclist was awarded the opportunity to finish the race...’

Fark if it was me I would still be on the course. You gonna be in *** when you finish. Rather just keep riding .

Doesn't it say they were reported stolen in Grassy Park by the father, while the son was riding them in Limpopo?

That's what I took away from the article.... did we read the same one?

No it doesn't. It says they were reported at the Grassy Park police station as having been nicked

The way I read it the bikes were probably reported stolen and insurance claim submittec to the amount of 250k in total. The insurance agent decided to investigate further uncovering the false claim as the bikes were still in possession of owners.

Insurance fraud.

Good detective work from insurance company.

The honest cyclist pay higher premiums due to these type of skelms[emoji34]

Yeah throw them into prison, we pay for those claims straight out of our own pockets.

The way I read it the bikes were probably reported stolen and insurance claim submittec to the amount of 250k in total. The insurance agent decided to investigate further uncovering the false claim as the bikes were still in possession of owners.

Yeah that's how i understood it