Entries are opening soon for The Tiletoria Elgin Valley MTB Event

mdk555

Entries for the Tiletoria Elgin Valley MTB, taking place on Sunday 26 August at the Paul Cluver Estate near Grabouw, will  open early next week.

An early bird  special will be available to the first 25 entrants for each distance. This amounts to a total of 100 entries at drastically reduced prices!

Riders have a choice of 4 routes: 70 km, 45 km, 30 km and 15 km.

The 70 km route once again takes riders to the top of the iconic Groenlandberg. The long climbs and rutted dual track descents will test the rider’s endurance and skill, while some fast, flowing single track close to the finish line adds a fun element to what will be a tough day on the bike.

Both the 45 km and 30 km routes will be using the single tracks on Oak Valley and Paul Cluver farms, while the 15 km route is a flat, non-technical route ideal for beginners and youngsters.

All routes will offer a “Race” and “Ride” category, with riders holding a CSA MTB racing licence being eligible to compete in the Race categories in their respective WPMTB age categories. Prize money will be up for grabs for the top three male and female cyclists. The 70 km and 45 km routes will  count for Wines2Whales seeding.

R60,000 in prize money will be up for grabs.

Food trucks and vendors will be offering a variety of food and beverages at the race village, including craft beer and local wine & cider.

Entries are limited to 1500 riders. Late entries will be available on race day, unless online entries are sold out.  For more information, please visit www.pedalpower.org.za

Enquiries: wendy@pedalpower.org.za   or   gary@pedalpower.org.za

Edited by mdk555

There is just something about climbing that Groenlandberg, A monster that has this hold over me. +40 minutes of pure bliss & agony. Hope to be back this year again.

• 1 month later...