E-bikes on Sani2c

Goodbadugly

Time for everyone to get over who rides what and just enjoy the ride on whatever you are riding.

Fat old toppies with dodgy knees are just out there on their ebikes to have fun, not to tell everyone they beat you to the line.

Focus on your own enjoyment, not what bike they are riding.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don’t understand all the fuss over ebikes. Who gives a sh$t if they overtake you or hold you up through the forest single track coz they cumbersome ( are they ?????) so do ppl who can’t climb and ppl who don’t like descending.

Besides my race ( race whahahaha) was only to enjoy ourselves and test our own limits . Sure we wanted to catch ppl ahead and had our own goals, but if he was on ebike can’t see me getting upset over coming 4005 instead of 4004.

Besides, I saw one getting washed at the bike bay and the guy had to stay there and wash it himself. And then still plug it into something to charge . Seems way to much hassle in my mind .

I suffered a tent ,I can suffer the ebikes ????

Now if you could be a good little sarcastic boy and let the app developers of Tapatalk know about our self-imposed sarcasm mode right here on the ol Hub, it’ll be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have tried, but they have not taken me seriously

#sarcasmlife

Spoke to a guy at start of trail on ebike. He said that their time would not be counted so they would start in same batch each day. They were just there to have fun. Not sure If this was the case I dropped a couple of batches after day 1.

Each to their own, they should make their own category like tandem I guess.

Talking of tandem. That father & daughter tandem made it up iconic ????....now that’s seriaass. Edited by Pikey

Talking of tandem. That father & daughter tandem made it up iconic ????....now that’s seriaass.

And did they need a motor to do it?

And did they need a motor to do it?

I think they had a pump, the asthmatic kind .

They clearly had 2 strong motors ????

Edited by Pikey

Might have helped to have informed everybody at the race briefing. Then we would not be having this discussion.

I must however mention that a friend of mine who saw a guy on an e bike says that he was a fat toppie. Trek SA and Fat Toppie just doesnt sound right to me.

Don't tell me you pay attention during a race briefing?? :P

Edited by Wil6

The fact that you think an eBike is in any way related to this shows a bit of ignorance.

The power only comes in when you pedal, there is no throttle like an a motorbike.

And also they only boost up to 25km/h normally.

I thought there were basically two types? The first kind puts out the same power as you are delivering through the pedals and the second type has a thumb throttle that delivers power when you engage the lever?

The fact that you think an eBike is in any way related to this shows a bit of ignorance.

The power only comes in when you pedal, there is no throttle like an a motorbike.

And also they only boost up to 25km/h normally.

I've never understood this logic - so using a motor a little is not cheating but using a motor a lot is cheating?

With another 250w down below I reckon I could win the Sani overall. Bring it!

Oh. Wait. It's cheating if you're at the front but not cheating if you're overweight, unfit and lazy.

I thought we had solved this already - emotorbikes are fine for trails but only fat, useless, self important, rich, humourless jerks use them in races.

We never actually solved it, because we never addressed the core underlying issue.

Its not an eBike issue, its a human nature issue.

People inherently have an issue with others achieving something through a perceived "short cut".

Its in our DNA, its a core human thing.

Forget eBikes, think about somebody at work who gets ahead of you through a short cut, or those who unfairly get jobs, or those who take a short cut at a park run, the guy who skips a red robot because he is late, or the guy who skips the queue.... etc etc it all triggers the same emotion.

If people understood and accepted that, they might understand why there is emotion in this.

Edited by Patchelicious

I've never understood this logic - so using a motor a little is not cheating but using a motor a lot is cheating?

With another 250w down below I reckon I could win the Sani overall. Bring it!

Oh. Wait. It's cheating if you're at the front but not cheating if you're overweight, unfit and lazy.

different kind of cheating - diet cheating

If you need an Ebike to try and breath down others egos, you need to ask, who actually has the ego problem?

LOL - It would be pretty small man stuff to buy an ebike to push OP's buttons ;-) 

But  ego wise  being overtaken by an ebike is the least of my worries,  in fact the stoke of riding those trails outweighs everything that could be thrown at you :-) 

I can think of no place on last weeks race where i would have an issue with an eBike overtaking me , 320th or 321st is no real thing.

Again outside of A batch the Race, Trail and Adventure are much of a muchness 

eBike are also only assisted power, from watching the camera guys on the Epic it is clear you still need the tech skills , Sani's downhill forest runs or umko switch backs , flowing single track are where it all is ,  Iconic was a tough walk so no comment there , haaibo1 & 2 it may have help but no worse than the team mates i saw pushing each other .

LOL - It would be pretty small man stuff to buy an ebike to push OP's buttons ;-)

But ego wise being overtaken by an ebike is the least of my worries, in fact the stoke of riding those trails outweighs everything that could be thrown at you :-)

I can think of no place on last weeks race where i would have an issue with an eBike overtaking me , 320th or 321st is no real thing.

eBike are also only assisted power, from watching the camera guys on the Epic it is clear you still need the tech skills , Sani's downhill forest runs or umko switch backs , flowing single track are where it all is , Iconic was a tough walk so no comment there , haaibo1 & 2 it may have help but no worse than the team mates i saw pushing each other .

I had mates who trained 15 - 20 hours a week, for 4 months, to try and get a top 200 at the Epic this year. They had to sacrifice seeing their kids, wives and some work suff to get that much time in.

They just missed it, think it was 202 or 203 or something, they did their best but didnt achieve their goal. They were however content because they "lost" on equal footing.

Now if they missed their goal of a top 200 because there were 5 teams on eBikes ahead of them, one could understand why they would be a little annoyed.

Solution: In a RACE, simply create their own category.

Edited by Patchelicious

I dont mind eBikes, if they stay out of my way im happy.

BUT...

If you pass me on an eBike on a flat or uphill and you get in my way on a downhill or descent because youre too useless, I WILL make life very unpleasant for you.

Its as simple as that  :thumbup:

But  ego wise  being overtaken by an ebike is the least of my worries,  in fact the stoke of riding those trails outweighs everything that could be thrown at you :-) 

eBike are also only assisted power, from watching the camera guys on the Epic it is clear you still need the tech skills , Sani's downhill forest runs or umko switch backs , flowing single track are where it all is ,  Iconic was a tough walk so no comment there , haaibo1 & 2 it may have help but no worse than the team mates i saw pushing each other .

Define it how you want, 3 weeks ago I watched a 130kg fat guy on a Levo, out climb a ex World Tour rider up the Kloofzicht climb..... Its helps having an extra 500w on tap.