Karoo to Coast

Marichen

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, the last time Racetec seeded me it was 4E in CTCT this year and then they seed me in 

A batch at 7h30  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Interesting, the last time Racetec seeded me it was 4E in CTCT this year and then they seed me in 

A batch at 7h30  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I think they also used the previous 2 K2C's so maybe you had a bad-ass result in 2016?

I think they also used the previous 2 K2C's so maybe you had a bad-ass result in 2016?

Not particularly. But I had a semi decent Argus, time trialing through the masses.....I havn't been in A group since 2004 :blush:  :blush:

A sub 4 argus seems to result in an A batch start for this event - this is not fact, I just know 3 old guys who did their first Argus this year and that's the only way they could have been seeded in A (I'm counting myself in the 3)  I will keep left

A sub 4 argus seems to result in an A batch start for this event - this is not fact, I just know 3 old guys who did their first Argus this year and that's the only way they could have been seeded in A (I'm counting myself in the 3)  I will keep left

It does not sound right unless the sub 4's were very close to being sub 3's.

It does not sound right unless the sub 4's were very close to being sub 3's.

definitely not close to sub 3's - 345 and my only other event that would qualify me is a decent 50km knysna Mtb   - like I said I will keep left

definitely not close to sub 3's - 345 and my only other event that would qualify me is a decent 50km knysna Mtb   - like I said I will keep left

If you go to www.racetec.co.za and click on "seeding" and then on "MTB Seeding" you will find your index and your ranking and also the race they used to calculate it. They probably used that index for the KtC seedings.

i have a higher seeding this year compared to last year, but I got a later K2C start.  guessing that it's because i finished close to last in my batch last year.

Wayne I see the OPEN clocked a sub-20 min Montagu... On a 8kg bike (if you ride that one...) you might be waiting for the rest of the A bunch at the top :-) 

thank you :P