Karoo to Coast

Marichen

My second k2c, aiming for sub4 hopefully, last time started in group G, had to walk a lot up ou wapad... Ugh.. Ended up doing 4:17

You should, you'll get a A bunch start with your last time. Also hoping for a sub 4 will see what happens on the day.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning guys.

route recommendation from Knysna on the morning of the race?

We sommer made a mini holiday out of it so are staying in Knysna for a week, but realised this morning that the closest route to Uniondale is over the pass and surely that will be closed on the Sunday?.

Assuming the 175km detour via George is the only viable option :wacko: ?

ps: super excited :clap:

Edited by morneS555

Anybody that want to do the K2C. Contact me via PM. I have two entries and two return flights from Jhb to George available. Will consider an offer but dont want to waste this.

Morning guys.

We sommer made a mini holiday out of it so are staying in Knysna for a week, but realised this morning that the closest route to Uniondale is over the pass and surely that will be closed on the Sunday?.

Assuming the 175km detour via George is the only viable option :wacko: ?

Same travel time whether you go over the pass or through George.

We've always gone through George

Morning guys.

Assuming the 175km detour via George is the only viable option :wacko: ?

Your driver must be ready for one long traffic jam all the way to Uniondale and again all the way back to Knysna.

When you get to Uniondale and you see people being dropped off just outside of town realise that those are the clever & experienced k2c drivers... If your driver is still in town by the time the race start it might take him/her up to an hour to just get out of Uniondale. Last year my wife got back in Knysna literally a few minutes before I finished the race.

Agree, through George. Last time we left Sedgefield at 04:30. Traffic all the way to Uniondale, got registration done and got to start batch with about 15min to spare.

detour via George is the quickest route. The other route is through the Baviaans Langkloof

fixed it.

There are two options from Sedgefield side:

A: via George - endless traffic snake there and back to Knysna

B: Via Kareedouw - muuuuuuuuuuuuch longer, but muuuuuch less traffic

Both will more or less take as long as the other.

A third option is over the pass from Knysna, but that will only be viable at sparrow's fart.

Anybody that want to do the K2C. Contact me via PM. I have two entries and two return flights from Jhb to George available. Will consider an offer but dont want to waste this.

We've been informed by the organisers that substitutions closed on 30 August and riding on someone else's entry will get you both banned from the event.

I NEED A 10 DAY, 100KM MTB TRAINING PLAN WITH A TAPER AT THE END AND A DAY OR 2 OFF SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE FOR A FULL BIKE SERVICE. PLEASE.

OR SHOULD I RATHER LEAVE THE TRAINING AND MAKE SURE I AM EXTREMELY WELL RESTED....

I FORGOT TO START WITH THE 12, 8 AND 4 WEEK TRAINING PLAN.

(Yes I am shouting)

Agree, through George. Last time we left Sedgefield at 04:30. Traffic all the way to Uniondale, got registration done and got to start batch with about 15min to spare.

And be prepared to drive well above the speed limit as the convoy will be MOVING!!!

I NEED A 10 DAY, 100KM MTB TRAINING PLAN WITH A TAPER AT THE END AND A DAY OR 2 OFF SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE FOR A FULL BIKE SERVICE. PLEASE.

OR SHOULD I RATHER LEAVE THE TRAINING AND MAKE SURE I AM EXTREMELY WELL RESTED....

(Yes I am shouting)

Do you have a proper base? Do you have some ascent miles in that base? If so, you should be okay. Start easy, don't get tempted to premature excitement, and you should comfortably make the cutoff. You will likely get beaten into submission by Kom se Pad and Simola, but that's part of the initiation.

How does one 'forget' to prepare for K2C.

But then, don't stress, it is a down hill race after all... :whistling:

(Yes I am shouting)

Don't neglect your nutrition. Ensure you take in lots of carbs between now and then as you will need the reserves.

Given the limited time you must go directly to what is dismissed by some as "cheap" but are actually the most effective way of putting on some condition. Chips with beer, pizza with beer or at a push, double cheeseburger, chips and beer should become your go-to.