Karoo to Coast

Marichen

Haha no I'm serious, I'd really like to know how they determine the seeding. I don't belong in A, evident by my 5h50min from last year...literally nothing to brag about

Bonus, the choice is your's where you want to start, don't even question it, go with it!!!

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the posts here, I am in the beginning throes of big time FOMO.

check me next year... :ph34r:

Same here! Did it 3 times consecutively. Giving it a skip this year.

Definitely back next year. 

I really don't know how this seeding works. I'm in start group A again. I don't deserve to be there. Last year I had a horrible K2C from A and finished something like second last of the A batchers.. Was actually hoping for a B or C start where people ride the same speed as me haha..it's not really much fun being overtaken by everyone all day long and not passing one person on the entire route. Think I'll demote myself to the back of Batch B

don't do this - if you are aiming for sub 5 you are seeding correctly albeit towards the back of A (with me)  My aim was a sub 4 for this year but it won't be happening and will be trying to see if I can get three 4.29's in a row

Edited by Waynemol

As I crested Simola last year, hanging over my bars like a dilapidated fart, I decided that 2019 will be a break year. I will be back ready and kicking next year.

As I crested Simola last year, hanging over my bars like a dilapidated fart, I decided that 2019 will be a break year. I will be back ready and kicking next year.

Each to their own and all that.. 

But I think it's good to give an event like this a skip every now and then and experience different things. Makes you appreciate it more when you are back next time.

got the sms this afternoon. E group. guess it's not riiiiight at the back lol. Anyway. just going to have fun and not stress too much. Riding with the wife.

got the sms this afternoon. E group. guess it's not riiiiight at the back lol. Anyway. just going to have fun and not stress too much. Riding with the wife.

Im D but also falling back for my wife. Its her 1st k2c. Just going for the xp for her...

last did this event in 2013 so was really looking fwd to a great comeback 'race'  :thumbup:

A Group seeding sorted, however following the Trans Baviaans and a visit to the Cardiologist I am lucky to be participating at all.

9 water points :clap: & an adjusted attitude and I will be smelling the roses on this one 

Going to be FUN - all the best to ALL

An adjusted altitude... meaning?

After Simola they are taking us over Phantom Pass to get the kilometers closer to the actual advertised 100km.. didn't you hear?? 

Edited by JohanDiv

I think he must be referring to this wierd anomaly i found in my strava of the route....

It casually left out JUST the profile of ou wapad climb. it understands how I feel about ignorance and that it is total bliss.

My k2c is obviously going to be way easier than all of yours, ill be going up ou wapad at 30kph looking at my strava.....suckers

:ph34r: 

post-64325-0-29337900-1568346973_thumb.jpg

After Simola they are taking us over Phantom Pass to get the kilometers closer to the actual advertised 100km.. didn't you hear?? 

Never ridden it before – so it's all news to me.

Seems like everyone's missus got seeded into E batch.

Same thing here. I got seeded in B and she in E, so I'll be dropping back with her for moral support and doing this one as a team.

Methinks there will be lekker gees in E batch though

last did this event in 2013 so was really looking fwd to a great comeback 'race'  :thumbup:

A Group seeding sorted, however following the Trans Baviaans and a visit to the Cardiologist I am lucky to be participating at all.

9 water points :clap: & an adjusted attitude and I will be smelling the roses on this one 

Going to be FUN - all the best to ALL

An adjusted altitude... meaning?

:whistling:

Edited by Wannabe

Seems like everyone's missus got seeded into E batch.

Same thing here. I got seeded in B and she in E, so I'll be dropping back with her for moral support and doing this one as a team.

Methinks there will be lekker gees in E batch though

does anybody have any idea how many batches there are this year though? i know the images on the site shows up to G for start gates but maybe there are less entries? is there anyone on here that is seeded lower than E thus far?

edit: So maybe E is the last group this year lol

Edited by morneS555