Karoo to Coast

Marichen

as in wear sleeves or not? or gooi mud tires?  lol.

i'm riding this even if it hails. 

Looking at the weather, using a wetsuit and somebody else bike.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year it snowed a week before and Pr Alfred's was not wet at all.

Wonder if that rooster that wakes up the campers at 3 AM has been eaten .Maybe earplugs are needed to cope with all rooster and other human noises.Or maybe sitting in the bar till late and joining in with the "WAARS DIT LEKKER,HIERS DIT LEKKER!!!"

Last year it snowed a week before and Pr Alfred's was not wet at all.

Wonder if that rooster that wakes up the campers at 3 AM has been eaten .Maybe earplugs are needed to cope with all rooster and other human noises.Or maybe sitting in the bar till late and joining in with the "WAARS DIT LEKKER,HIERS DIT LEKKER!!!"

nou pra' jy!

HOE PROE DIT? dit proe soos NOG! ^_^

So we decided to go with the already set-up tented accommodation. Looking at the weather, I am already concerned about my leaking tent. Anyone know what the quality of tents are like? Thinking of just bringing my own. Nothing worse than having to sleep in a tent that is leaking

"Maybe earplugs are needed to cope with all rooster and other human noises"

Nooit, I thought cyclists are gentlemen like golfers! :wacko: 

Looking at the weather, using a wetsuit and somebody else bike.

I should have taken your advice for the first one I did, must have been around 2004.

I pitched with a lesser known bike brand at the time (one with a revolutionary Brain suspension system) that the Sheriff had sold me a month earlier.*

I went through a set of brake pads, a set of disks and a chain.

(*) After he had done so much to popularise the brand in the early days, they ended up treating him like dirt. Sad

So we decided to go with the already set-up tented accommodation. Looking at the weather, I am already concerned about my leaking tent. Anyone know what the quality of tents are like? Thinking of just bringing my own. Nothing worse than having to sleep in a tent that is leaking

The tents at the Showgrounds are VERY SMALL

Nothing worse than having to sleep in a tent that is leaking

The tents at the Showgrounds are VERY SMALL

So don't worry it's a small leak!!!

Edited by GAP

Just one or two last minute things I wanted to get some clarity on.

Last time I did K2C was in 2016.

Do they still serve a meal to all riders on Saturday night at registration (spaghetti bolognaise?)

Can a friend, who is not riding, also grab a meal there with all the riders? (paying for it of course)

Do they have shower facilities available at the stables?

Asking for said friend - back in 2016 I couldn't have been bothered with taking a shower as I didn't want to be without clothes on for longer than 10 seconds.

Just one or two last minute things I wanted to get some clarity on.

Last time I did K2C was in 2016.

Do they still serve a meal to all riders on Saturday night at registration (spaghetti bolognaise?)

Can a friend, who is not riding, also grab a meal there with all the riders? (paying for it of course)

Do they have shower facilities available at the stables?

Asking for said friend - back in 2016 I couldn't have been bothered with taking a shower as I didn't want to be without clothes on for longer than 10 seconds.

Ha ha, I remember how cold it was that night. We had a guy sleeping in his car, parked close to us. He had the thing idling for most of the night to keep his heater on. Kept me out of sleep for most the night..... :whistling:

Ha ha, I remember how cold it was that night. We had a guy sleeping in his car, parked close to us. He had the thing idling for most of the night to keep his heater on. Kept me out of sleep for most the night..... :whistling:

...Dit was Leeu koud  :ph34r:

Here's a tip I learnt the hard way;

Get yourself new brake pads. Those long descents will ensure that you run out of old brakes by the time you reach Gouna, where you will need them the most on the descent to that sharp horseshoe bend. Last year I very nearly went over the side on that bend as I had NO braking left. 

I almost needed a new bib after that.