Poor design thread

David Marshall

Nope, I just dislike the on-screen keyboard (not that I am anti- tech).

It had some drawbacks as well, because it led to sms abbreviations, where ppl lft out imprtnt vwls 2 snd txt fstr.

gr8!

I think most of us used to type like that at some point, now I struggle to read the messages if someone makes up abbreviations like that.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of us used to type like that at some point, now I struggle to read the messages if someone makes up abbreviations like that.

I find these days the SMS abbreviations are also making their way into emails...

jap cars - indicator right

euro/us cars - indicator left

To follow on this, most cars are designed for LHD which explains the indicators, but also the volume knob. It's always on the left of the radio! 

With the introduction of WhatsApp and rendering the 120 character SMS useless, I don't have time to read any messages sent to me using that style of writing.

Those Cannondales that have half of the fork missing  :ph34r:

Any form of press fit bb's

27.2mm seatpost diameters (why!?)

Hex keys smaller than 3mm - my multi-tool would be so much smaller if everything was 4mm or 8mm!

And you are supposed to pay full price for one half of a fork?

To follow on this, most cars are designed for LHD which explains the indicators, but also the volume knob. It's always on the left of the radio!

The Toyota Hilux has the volume know on the right side (not sure about all the Toyota or Hilux models).

Keyless car entry. Worst idea ever. My partners Honda makes me bats***. Get out the car and you can’t remember where the dam thing is that replaces the key. So stupid, it doesn’t even have a bloody name, we call it the key thingy Check pockets, check camera bag, check consol, check pockets again, look under the seat.

Give me a dam key. Then I know where it is. In the bloody ignition!,,,,

Keyless car entry. Worst idea ever. My partners Honda makes me bats***. Get out the car and you can’t remember where the dam thing is that replaces the key. So stupid, it doesn’t even have a bloody name, we call it the key thingy Check pockets, check camera bag, check consol, check pockets again, look under the seat.

I like it for the fact that i never have to take the key out of my pocket 

My favorite is part is if you want to turn off the car but keep listening to the radio. You have to press the off button but then the radio turns off. Then you must start the car again but not in park mode so the engine won’t start up but the power returns to the radio.

I have a mate who had a keyless car. He was robbed at a traffic light and the perps ran off with his laptop back with the "key" in it.

Car stopped once it was a certain distance away. Had to call wife to come with spare.

My favorite is part is if you want to turn off the car but keep listening to the radio. You have to press the off button but then the radio turns off. Then you must start the car again but not in park mode so the engine won’t start up but the power returns to the radio.

okay mine has A built in key so still have turn it and can gi back halfway if you still wana listen to the radio  :D

I have a mate who had a keyless car. He was robbed at a traffic light and the perps ran off with his laptop back with the "key" in it.

Car stopped once it was a certain distance away. Had to call wife to come with spare.

also a great feature 

was that me...because that is exactly what happened!!

despite this above, 

I LOVE keyless car entry

another great part of keyless car was when i was travelling more. get back to the airport from a long trip, you get to your car and you just open it. carkey has been somewhere in your laptop bag for 3 weeks, and you don't need to try and find it.

Toilet seats that don't stay up by themselves, because the cistern is too close to the wall/bowl whatever.

So if you're standing there for a pee, one hand is required to hold the damn thing up.

installed by either:

* a woman plumber (if such a thing exists, can imagine the G-strings they wear to work)

* a male plumber who needs to hand in his man card