Is selling on the classifieds becoming more difficult?

M L

South African Economic Times   

384 members have voted

1. 1. Are you finding it increasingly difficult to sell things on the classifieds?

• I sell things quickly and easily - it seems people have money
    • I sell things fairly quickly
    • I find it rather difficult to sell things - I struggle to sell and get low ball offers

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Grease_Monkey said:

Yesterday I posted 8 items for sale on the classifieds here. 5 of those 8 have sold at my asking price already - which was not stupidly low, but I didn't overvalue my items either. 

Second hand market it pumping at the moment....

you seem to have cracked the formula haha. Late on saturday and sundays just before payday always works for me too.

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

you seem to have cracked the formula haha. Late on saturday and sundays just before payday always works for me too.

I also find a bit before work starts and a little into lunch works well

Just now, Hairy said:

I also find a bit before work starts and a little into lunch works well

yes. Weekends its the wine, early morning it's the pre-work escapism blues, lunch it's the low blood sugar.  

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2020 at 5:22 PM, Hairy on a Davidson said:
On 12/12/2020 at 12:35 PM, Nick said:

Interesting to hear your take. It's always difficult for us to gauge what's happening on other platforms.

From our point of view, we're super happy with the liquidity on the Classifieds this year.

The number of adverts placed has been very healthy. While on the flip side of the marketplace, the average life-time of adverts has never been lower, which indicates that for the most part they are selling quickly.

So by our measures at least, we believe that it is a highly effective option for selling cycling gear.

Except for that one dude trying to sell the 29'er chromo, QR, v-brake straight steerer fork ......... can someone just buy that damned thing already!

It has a sibling!

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/road-bike-forks/484791/vintage-cromoly-front-fork

9 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Based on the stories from the seller on that other thread bitching about the classifieds, this might be for sale for longer than the historic steel fork siblings:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/road-bike-forks/474758/colnago-steel-fork

That looks like Eugène Christophe's fork!

The guy that stopped to repair his fork at a local village blacksmith so he could finish the 1913 Tour

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugène_Christophe

11 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Based on the stories from the seller on that other thread bitching about the classifieds, this might be for sale for longer than the historic steel fork siblings:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/road-bike-forks/474758/colnago-steel-fork

Looks like somthing a knuckle-dragger would buy. Unfortunately i don't have time to wright up a purchase agreement so i will pass for now.

Edited by Barry

How much can I get for my 2017 Orange Ibis Ripley LS (Large) frame? Non-boost.

2 minutes ago, M L said:

How much can I get for my 2017 Orange Ibis Ripley LS (Large) frame? Non-boost.

How long is a piece of string? 

What kind of string? What colour is the string? How thick is the string? 

See what I did there? 

7 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

How long is a piece of string? 

What kind of string? What colour is the string? How thick is the string? 

See what I did there? 

:Facepalm: