Baggie MTB shorts - options

Headshot

Mini Rant: If I look at local stores, online in the main, I find a pathetic size range available. Take Fox for instance. Their online store shows Ranger shorts of all descriptions. Problem is there is nothing in the most common men's size eg 32-34. If your a midget or very big, maybe. This lack of sizing doesn't seem to bother them - its been months since they had the common sizes in stock. Seems like bad business to me. The same can be said of Leatt shorts at Pinned. Unless you want the DBX5's at R1800...

Anyone have any recent experiences to share. I'd like to pay around R1000 for some longish well designed baggies. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfft baggy shorts... Just wear bib shorts and show everyone your package!

On a serious not though, ladies cut off jeans are awesome. I also have a super rad pair of Adidas golf shorts which I think are amazing. I slip a pair of padded shorts/bibs on underneath for longer rides.

Cycling stuff in general is overpriced and there are definitely alternatives that do the same job.

Mini Rant: If I look at local stores, online in the main, I find a pathetic size range available. Take Fox for instance. Their online store shows Ranger shorts of all descriptions. Problem is there is nothing in the most common men's size eg 32-34. If your a midget or very big, maybe. This lack of sizing doesn't seem to bother them - its been months since they had the common sizes in stock. Seems like bad business to me. The same can be said of Leatt shorts at Pinned. Unless you want the DBX5's at R1800...

Anyone have any recent experiences to share. I'd like to pay around R1000 for some longish well designed baggies. 

when you find let me know, preferably black

On what planet is 32-34 the most common men’s sizes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Locally this is what I found

Baggies-Front-600x600.jpg?v=1494603449

Not sure about the sizing tho, will need to try on a pair. 

But I am liking the look of the raceface shorts. Anywhere around Cape Town I could find a set?

Guest dirkieuys

Hi Guys

Don't want to hijack the post bit I am selling my Fox baggie shorts and Shirt on classifieds, PM me if interested. Used like three times.

Shorts size 36, Shirt size XL

D

Do those sit above the knee?

jip, mine sits well above the knee in the bent position and I am on the lower spectrum of the length scale

I have some great baggies that I got in the US & they are top quality. Most baggies seem to be thrown together with very little thought to what they are making. I recently bought some POC ones & they were terrible quality with flimsy material & a generic tick box of bits.  

There is a place in the market for good, well made, feature packed shorts that look good. I've seen the indola ones & I just am not in to the help type look. Makes me think of tie-dye beardos and roaming in the first looking for mushrooms. 

Decent thickness, 4 way stretch material (not flimsy board type stuff), waist tighteners, good sized belt loops, leg vents, hard wearing, some thought in the visual design, re-enforced seat, solid stitching everywhere, strong zippers & good sized pockets would be a must. Add in a bum pocket, soft pocket or waterproof pocket, key carabeener & a couple of extra tweaks & you'll have a great pair of shorts. 

Wasn't West Peak local people? Their range looked good but was quite fitted. 

We used to be able to get Dakine from Swindle online but they seem to have dropped cycling kit. Is there maybe another outlet around?

Flare make some good shorts. Mostly I stay away from shorts that are called trail and look more towards ones that are classed as DH as they are tougher and not that much heavier. 

Troy Lee motos are pretty good as are some of the Royal ones. 

Edited by Yo-yo