Baggie MTB shorts - options

Headshot

We used to be able to get Dakine from Swindle online but they seem to have dropped cycling kit. Is there maybe another outlet around?

Best shorts I've owned, but I don't think dakine do baggies anymore, i hope I'm wrong

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx for the replies. The Indola ones look okayish. They have a rather strange looking pad and the inner isn't removable which I don't like too much. That said, beggars cant be choosers. 

Swindle don't do any bike stuff anymore. I have a pair of the Dakine 8Tracks - pretty heavy duty - more for DH and shuttling. 

i find indola to be really cap quility, the chamois wears out after about 2 months and all of mine stretched after 3 washes

Fox, TLD or LEATT is the only way to go 

I have 3 pairs of Indola shorts. the first is way too big as I lost weight when I started riding, the other 2 pairs are my current size and are great. I like to zip my phone in the pocket which is water resistant and I find them comfortable and very durable.

No idea what 'cap quility' is but mine never had that?

Best shorts I've owned, but I don't think dakine do baggies anymore, i hope I'm wrong

That will be a shame. I got a bunch of stuff from them before their fire , shirts and shorts and they're awesome and comfy.

Hi Guys

Don't want to hijack the post bit I am selling my Fox baggie shorts and Shirt on classifieds, PM me if interested. Used like three times.

Shorts size 36, Shirt size XL

D

:eek: I cannot believe people are happy to buy/sell personal stuff like that.........gross  :ph34r:

I use the Indola shorts I had the older pair and they were great even sold them on the Hub. Bought 2 new Indolas the new Business short and the new lighter thinner boardshort type which has the same inner pad but removeable and both shorts are great ride well and hold up well no quality issues ever in my experience. I ordered them online and sizing was true.

That grey hemp short I also ordered online from Cpt and they're not bad, just not as adjustable as the Indolas and their sizing is tight so get 1 or 2 sizes up if you order these. That hemp material is pretty tough actually. Just wonder if I can smoke my shorts?  :w00t: I ride them with a Fox inner pad. 

Thx for the replies. The Indola ones look okayish. They have a rather strange looking pad and the inner isn't removable which I don't like too much. That said, beggars cant be choosers. 

Swindle don't do any bike stuff anymore. I have a pair of the Dakine 8Tracks - pretty heavy duty - more for DH and shuttling. 

Edited by scubes

I have these from Anatomic.......... :thumbup: @ R450

http://weardirect.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Anatomic-Trail-Screamer-Baggies.jpg

wow nice, was that purchased directly or as a team order or something?

wow nice, was that purchased directly or as a team order or something?

Normal stock at their shops..............

After much research and some price hunting I also found it strange that my size wasn't ever ever available. It seems that if you're a 28 you can get the best deals in the world, but who the hell is 28? Walked into Cyclelab, am a 34 waist so tried on a 34 Fox Ranger pair (which they had plenty). Fitted great with a bit of adjustment available if I got a little fatter/skinnier. Purchased a voucher via Momentum multiply. Got some pretty good baggies for <R1k.

I have these from Anatomic.......... :thumbup: @ R450

http://weardirect.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Anatomic-Trail-Screamer-Baggies.jpg

Good looking shorts. what's the material like?