Event Name: Bikepacking | The Scott Route | Overnight
When: 7 July 2018 - 8 July 2018
Where: Greylingstad, Mpumulanga
Category: MTB

BIKEPACKING.AFRICA

ABOUT THE ROUTE:

270 km

2 days/1 night

The Scott Route - Named after the Scottish Regiment markings on top of a peak at Greylingstad where you start your journey. This stage route connects Greylingstad with Vrede and as a weekend route loops past Val and back to Greylingstad.

The 270 km is gravel roads that follow the "Rooi Klip" road past farmlands and game farms. On route, you pass through the town of Cornelia where small town means, small town.

Pay your own way: you will be responsible to pay for your own meals and accommodation, snacks and drinks along the route.
Admin Fees: Include but not limited to, the ride organizer being responsible for leading the group, will share information about sights along the route, assist with pre ride preparations questions and arrange with all venues to expect and prepare for guests. Might also include the special arrangement with private land owners to gain access to remote trails. Admin fees are also applied to charity ventures, route maintenance/development and running costs.

Who will enjoy this route: Persons looking for a mountain bike adventure. Camping is part of bikepacking and if you love camping you will be right at home.

What you will need: Tent, sleeping bag, inflatable mattress and pillow for camping. See the packing list for what you might need on a bikepacking adventure packing list.

Bike and gear rentals are available on request.

REGISTER HERE

Go to Event Page

post-128801-0-03544000-1526558562_thumb.jpg

post-128801-0-66094700-1526558641_thumb.jpg

post-128801-0-02799000-1526558704_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bikepacking.Africa