2018 XCO World Cup

nathrix

The one thing I was thinking while watching the racing on the weekend.... Except for Annie last... Does the UK not have a XC program..... Especially in light of the number of DH competitors at the top of their game

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see Nino competing at the Cyclocross World Cup against the likes of MvdP and Wout van Aert

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

Would love to see Nino competing at the Cyclocross World Cup against the likes of MvdP and Wout van Aert

interesting twist!

The one thing I was thinking while watching the racing on the weekend.... Except for Annie last... Does the UK not have a XC program..... Especially in light of the number of DH competitors at the top of their game

Yes I have wondered what's up there in 'ole Blighty with XCO, maybe the preference for downhill is a cultural thing.

What would be equally nice if Peter Sagan gave it another shot

He would not even get a top 30 with the current talent in the XCO scene

Edited by Wil6

He would not even get a top 30 with the current talent in the XCO scene

Give him a year to adapt and change his training and he'll be up there in the competing batch.... But why would he.. He's making way more money in road

Give him a year to adapt and change his training and he'll be up there in the competing batch.... But why would he.. He's making way more money in road

Maybe, if you turn it around, I guess Nino would make a pretty good tour rider

Maybe, if you turn it around, I guess Nino would make a pretty good tour rider

he did ride for the scott team, and he did ok

I think the thread here on XCO is going to be much longer and more entertaining than the DH version this year. Who would have thought.

let's hope the DH can also deliver some exciting racing this year!

let's hope the DH can also deliver some exciting racing this year!

Give Nino a DH bike :w00t:

What a weekend!

Quite interesting to see the season pan out. When we interviewed Anton Cooper earlier this year he mentioned that the one guns don't have what it takes to put a full season's racing like that together. He and others mentioned that they may be able to take the fight to Nino at an event or two, Nino's challenge will come from several different riders getting it just right on A weekend. So Nino may not always win, but he'll (most likely) always be at least top three. Where the younger guns will be 98% one weekend and 80% at the next event. So far it looks like that's how it is going to play out.

Consistency from Nino is incredible.

Link to that interview:

extract from it

Will we see some changes on the podiums this year with the younger riders stepping up?

Every year people have been saying that. Absalon and Kulhavý haven’t been consistent recently to compete with Nino. The younger guys can be really good for some races but it's hard to be consistently good at every World Cup. You need experience and lots of training in the legs so you are more physically robust. Younger guys fluctuate a lot more. I find myself picking and choosing races.

I like Cooper - big enough to admit that he does not have the experience or miles in the legs to challenge someone like Nino consistently (yet). Unlike his fellow countryman cough cough.

I would like a whole new set of race venues. these guys know these tracks of by hart and can train and prep bike accordingly way in advance. I would like to see them going to Brazil,Portugal,NZ,China, Scotland totally new venues. spice it up a bit.