SELL YOUR CERVELO "IVANS GONE!!!"

101%

ClapClapClapIvan Basso and Team CSC have mutually decided to part ways according to a press release issued by the Danish team this morning. The Italian rider, who has been embroiled in Operaci?n Puerto, has been allowed to race by the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) while the Operaci?n Puerto investigation is ongoing.

"After all that has happened, especially this summer, Team CSC and Ivan Basso have agreed to part ways," said Bjarne Riis in a press release from Team CSC. "It has been a very difficult decision, but both parties agree it is time to move on. We would like to take this opportunity to thank Ivan for his time with the team and for the great results he and the team have achieved together. At the same time, we wish him all the best for the future."

The Italian mentioned early this week in an interview with France's L'Equipe that he had been in contact with teams Discovery Channel and Milram.ClapClapClap

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seems that RIIS is a hard man!

wonder what the R3-SL will look like disguised in the disco paint job?

Like a Trek?

DID U GUYS SEE HOW MUCH IT COST'S TO JOIN CSC FOR THAT W-END IN DECEMBER? ( WHEN THEY R IN SA FOR THE TRAINING CAMP)

OVER  R13000.00 (UNFORTUNATELY I CAN NOT SAY THE CORRECT AMOUNT.) LEKKER BE!^$&%$&

I WOULD LOVE TO............. BUT TO PAY +- R5000.00 A DAY? HA

Just read this on another site!!

German outfit Milram had also been linked with Basso but their team manager, Gianluigi Stanga, told procycling today that their interest in him is now over.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Saw Bjarne driving on William Nicol this morning, didn't look like he just lost his only tour hope! Geek

Just read this on another site!!

German outfit Milram had also been linked with Basso but their team manager' date=' Gianluigi Stanga, told procycling today that their interest in him is now over.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/quote']

So then it looks like he might be riding a TREK next season? Wink

Going to be very hard on those Ivan fans that are so anti Discopost_button_smiley.gif

You have to pick either a rider or a team becasue they move and then the whole thing is messed up. The same with Kimi going to Ferrari. Don't know if Ferrari fans will except him. I am a Simoni, for the mountains, and Petacchi, for the sprints, fan and does not make a difference where they move to, I'll support them.

I have got a lot of respect for Bjarne Riis as he has just lost a  very talented rider  that could no doubt  give his team the Tour De France victory they are looking for.

And for Basso, although there do not appear to be any conclusive evidence against him yet, it has certainly dented his reputation and I am sure a lot of people will hate him when he comes back and start winning races again! I just pray that it is not with Discovery, then he will certainly be the most hated.

Odd scenario - "Johan Bruyneel making eye contact with Bjarne Riis when Basso is standing on top of the podium as the overall 2007 TDF winner in Discovery kit"  ouch!