dirtrider

Are you gonna see how your De Rosa handles the singletrack? LOL

Will be in Lesotho @ Afriski Thumbs%20Up

Dull-stroom' date=' sjoe, sounds exciting hiehiehieLOL[/quote']

Sounds FISHY to me Wink.

Damm D-R beat me to it. Confused

IanJ2006-10-18 08:10:54

Just booked accomodation this morning. Duck and Trout B and B

Will be my 1st race after some minor surgery this week. Dr says that I will be off bike for 6 weeks!!!!  

Dimitri always stages excellent races.

About the Race
The Highland Gate MTB Cycle Challenge in partnership with Knog, bring you one of the most diverse and exciting MTB races of 2006!

This is one event not to be missed! Get Attitude at Altitude and ride the highest race in SA. Breathtaking scenery that only Dullstroom can offer and lots of fun events during the week-end make this an awesome get away.

Also - Join us for the "Grog with Knog" pub ride on Saturday evening and meet the locals.

If riding at 2085m above sea level on the edge of a plateau and experiencing 360 degree panoramic views is your game, then you cannot miss the high altitude MTB race of the year that will take you across sand roads, cattle paths, jeep track and single track through the Highland Gate Golf and Trout Estate, the quaint town of Dullstroom and surrounding countryside.

The event begins on Saturday 11th November with registration in Dullstroom town itself. The same evening riders can join a "Grog with Knog" pub ride which takes riders to various pubs in town for a stop in each. Don't overdo it though, there's a race the next day!

The following morning all the races will start and finish on the Highland Gate property, while a Family Fun Day has been planned for supporters and families, and will run concurrently with race activities.

This is an Omni-Motion event.

Race Info
Date & Time: 12th November 2005, Start 09h00 (Riders briefing 08h45)
Start & Finish: Highland Gate Golf & Trout Estate Dullstroom
Registration: Dullstroom Village Saturday from 14h00 to 19h00, Sunday 06h30 to 08h00 at race start.

Categories
Junior Men, Junior Women, Senior Men, Senior Women, Sub Veteran Men, Sub Veteran Women, Veteran Men, Veteran Women, Master Men, Master Women, Grand Master Men.

Prizes: Overall Winners (Men's & Women) 1st Place R2,000; 2nd Place R1500; 3rd Place R1000

Accommodation:
Dullstroom Reservations 013 254 0254 email: info@dullstroom.biz
Start Times:
08h45 - Riders Briefing (Start Area)
09h00 - 60km Start
09h15 - 30km Start
09h30 - 10km Fun Ride

Entry Fees:
60km - R100
30km - R80
10km - R40
Line Entries - an extra R20 will be charged per race entered

I am seriously tempted.......

I FLY, let's split the difference and do the 30km. i'm just gonna have to figure out accomodation etc before i commit...

We camp at Elandspoort (some fish farm) but they also got other accomodation for cheap ! It is about 15km from start (nice warmup ) and you get there on dirt all the way ! Contact : 013 2540 136 

how much is the camping costs? ewep and d-r, if you guys can make the arrangements, count me in (as long as i'm not gonna end up bankrupt...)