Ultra Torque Cranks

FrancoisO

Is the new Campaq crack so much better than say FSA cranks.  I know they are much lighter.  I have a FSA crank with i think ISIS drive BB. 

The new cranks, being UT or Hallowtech II is stiffer around the BB because the bearings are bigger and moved more outwards so they can make the axle bigger aswell.

Most people suggest that i will feel the difference.  I know it is personal preference thing, but perhaps there was an artical or personal experiance that could help me to decide.

I can tell you this, they are much harder, maybe because of the stiffness and I can feel everything underfoot.

I can't tell the difference between my UT and square taper crank, but maybe its because i don't develop enough power at the crank to make it count. So at the end of the day, my UT crank just looks better than the old one, and its a lot easier to install and maintain as well.