All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

Word on the street is there is a exit clause in their DD contract. If they don't achieve World Tour status DD walks.

Maybe time to rethink a couple of their big name signing that have provided less points than most Interconti riders.

As I recall the demotion system they are bringing in is I think end of 2019 season so they are safe till then, I may be wrong can't really remember anymore.[emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sjoe, didn't think you'd see ever Kittel's team on the second last rung of the ladder

As I recall the demotion system they are bringing in is I think end of 2019 season so they are safe till then, I may be wrong can't really remember anymore.[emoji53]

there was also this weird clause were you could bring a rider's points with him.

which is why rodrigues 'signed up' for katusha after retiring. and then never raced once it wasn't neccessary (or something like that)

From my memory They wanted to do this in 2017, but then decided to only doo from 2019 with lowest in 2018 falling out. That is how I remember it. But they might negotiate again , and I might have the year wrong . But they need to start winning that is for sure.

Not sure if mens and womens points are calculated the same way , Team Didata have 1240 team points compared to Moolman-Pasio's individual 1280 points !! Puts their year in perspective..hopefully their luck will change.

They have had loads of bad luck so lets just hope they pull it back between the tour and vuelta.

Loosing O'Connor so close to the finish with him on a good day was just the Cherrie!!

Meintjes also not at his best..I beleive he is going to be strong at Vuelta.Not so sure that it was the best plan to line him up for a 3rd straight grand tour at his age? How many gc riders did tdf,vuelta and then Giro?He did 8th then 12th and then had to refocus for Giro?We quick to criticize but in my view that is a big ask..

They have had loads of bad luck so lets just hope they pull it back between the tour and vuelta.

Loosing O'Connor so close to the finish with him on a good day was just the Cherrie!!

Meintjes also not at his best..I beleive he is going to be strong at Vuelta.Not so sure that it was the best plan to line him up for a 3rd straight grand tour at his age? How many gc riders did tdf,vuelta and then Giro?He did 8th then 12th and then had to refocus for Giro?We quick to criticize but in my view that is a big ask..

Froome................

listened to the Rapha Cycling Podcast for the final stage/wrapup.

they went through all the teams that git NOTHING from this Giro.

basically, Quickstep/Sky/MitcheltonScott/Bora took 95% of the candy.

all the conti teams punched above their weight at times.

They didn't even mention DDD as one of those who missed out.

What would you say was the highlight of DDD's Giro?

How many top10 stage placings did they get in the end?

O'Conner being that high up?

The question I have is whether it is good training to use the grand tours for training or would it be better to just do training not at the grand tours?

Gaining the experience is great but if you are a seasoned pro then what benefit would that have?

Maybe someone from DDD can answer what the plan was for Louis at the Giro and doing 3 in a row?

I do not think he is ready to slog it out with all the top GC riders just yet but typically I don't think Aru is quite there yet either - he really looked like he was suffering and about to collapse at the GIro when he was on camera.

Is Louis growing where he is now or is something amiss??? Other riders in the young rider category seem to be making better advances in their careers...

They just don't have enough depth.

QS could have 5/6 riders out and the rest will just carry on wining.

It is what it is.

TheOther riders in the young rider category seem to be making better advances in their careers...

He no longer is in the Young Rider Category...and even if he was.. no way he will be able to challenge the likes of Bernal or Lopez.....IMO of course

Silly me. I thought we could get through one thread without someone having a go at FroomeDawg.

Not having a go at him. Simply answering the question.

He no longer is in the Young Rider Category...and even if he was.. no way he will be able to challenge the likes of Bernal or Lopez.....IMO of course

Exactly... I remember him chasing Yates at TDF 2 years ago for white but never came close really and now Simon Yates is miles ahead... (probably due to reasons he already did time for) but its clear he seems to be losing a bit of ground to those around him.

Is Cav going to find his winning ways? Or is it Game Over

He is still a quality sprinter and on his day very hard to beat.. the injuries this year has put him back a bit and there are some very very fast guys running riot atm.. it will be tough..still some time to fine tune his form ahead of the TDF..but I don't know...between Gaviria and Groenewegen everyone else is going to struggle.