All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I am really a bit disappointed in Jacques and Van Zyl..only because I like them both and have had high hopes for them.Van Zyl was brilliant in 2016 but he is now sort of flying under the radar.Then Ryan also not going great and Rynardt struggling like hell to come back from injury.Only Jaco that is really showing himself.

Not great right now from our SA boys..but will keep on backing them and hope for something big!

I work in the offshore industry and the ship I am on has very limited WiFi when we are out to sea. Nonetheless I was able to get Giro stage results from my Dad who is almost as big a bike nut as me. Ryan scored a top 5 on stage 13 according to the whatsapp I got from him. The stage win went to Viviani. Not a bad result imho. Ryan is still young with lots to learn. The talent is there though and I'm sure he'll get a breakout win at some point. Hoping for sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Holy thread revival but the sentiment remains the same. Has TDD won anything so far this season? 

Ol' Valgren seems to be suffering the same 'blue curse' of a results drought as many riders do once the they leave Astana and the arch overlord Vino. Meanwhile Omar Faile seems to be going the other way. Not getting that many results in TDD and racking up a few once he donned the pale blue. 

EBH won a Time Trial somewhere earlier in the year against some proper riders, but was early in the season. Other than that I think the last win was Ben King at Vuelta x2.

Oh yeah, he won in Valenciana. Good work Eddy. Heard a podcast the other day where a couple of former pro's were saying they were really suprised that team sky had tried to fashion him into a classics man for the cobbles as he didn't like the cobbles and wasn't actually very good at it. TBH I thought he was always pretty up there until the final selections happened (or he cartwheeled across another nameless french / flandrian field). 

EBH won a Time Trial somewhere earlier in the year against some proper riders, but was early in the season. Other than that I think the last win was Ben King at Vuelta x2.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/teams.php?s=wins&year=2019&filter=Filter

ja, nizzolo beat colbrellie in oman

de bod got the ITT at african champs

and EBH itt at a 2.1 race that included panzerwagen in 3rd.

katusha/Ag2R/BM on just 1 win for 2019

DQS/Astana both on 21, and some big ones there too!

https://www.procyclingstats.com/teams.php?s=wins&year=2019&filter=Filter

ja, nizzolo beat colbrellie in oman

de bod got the ITT at african champs

and EBH itt at a 2.1 race that included panzerwagen in 3rd.

katusha/Ag2R/BM on just 1 win for 2019

DQS/Astana both on 21, and some big ones there too!

My mom won her age group at the Argus this year so is about on par with TDD.

I think TDD does not know how many eggs it has, which eggs to put in which basket or how many.

Way too much different focus in the team - maybe they should focus on 1 aspect and do that well first. A Sprint team does not equal a GC team does not equal a stage sniper team.

I see that UCI will allow 20 teams to get world tour status from 2020... based on TDD's progress this year, the expanded list may be their only hope...

And 23 teams have applied.

Criteria is financial stability as well as UCI points. .and seems (I may be wrong here) that rider points will no longer be transferable to another team...I just scanned the article...please correct me if i misunderstood.

• 2 weeks later...

DDD lined up with some nice race numbers at Amstel Gold,

they had the whole 2018 podium, which returned a 52,18 and 41 position amongst them.

so far this season, UCI points:

Team DDD 754 

lines up behind 16 individual riders who have got more than our entire squad.

1  ALAPHILIPPE Julian 1420

2  FUGLSANG Jakob 1196

3  NAESEN Oliver 1190

4 ACKERMAN Pascal 1155

5 VAN DER POEL Mathieu 1099

6  YATES Adam 1093

7  ŠTYBAR Zdeněk 1030

8  ROGLIČ Primož 941,2

9  KRISTOFF Alexander 919

10  VAN AVERMAET Greg 905

11  BETTIOL Alberto 857

12  POLITT Nils 852

13  IMPEY Daryl 846

14  KWIATKOWSKI Michał 826

15  VAN AERT Wout 823

16  BERNAL Egan 780

time to REALLY start winning boys

Edited by juan pelota

I dont know.

How does the entire podium from last year not feature?

I have a bad feeling that something is not right at DDD. Or maybe the guys want to take a break from "help" and decide to go to DDD and they are the only team that has a real 0 tolerance stance.

I understand that it cant be easy, but something has gotta give. Winners go to DDD and never feature, no name leave DDD and they are on the podium.

Its frustrating.

Edited by JA-Q001

I dont know.

How does the entire podium from last year not feature?

I have a bad feeling that something is not right at DDD. Or maybe the guys want to take a break from "help" and decide to go to DDD and they are the only team that has a real 0 tolerance stance.

I understand that it cant be easy, but something has gotta give. Winners go to DDD and never feature, no name leave DDD and they are on the podium.

Its frustrating.

This!!

didn't realise that Nic Dougall has retired, and will back in a speedo

http://www.thepelotonbrief.com/nic-dougall-triathlon/

Nic11.jpg?resize=1024%2C682&ssl=1

Running, as the most laborious of the three legs, has been the most challenging and frustrating to pick up again. I had this overdeveloped cardiovascular engine sitting on top of chronically weakened lower legs from years of cycling. My lungs and heart were far, far ahead of my legs. After the first week of structured training I was injured. A lingering issue from a crash I had at the end of last year threw my back and hip out. I had to take a week off. Fast forward another two weeks and I blew out both my peroneal tendons on my first long run. My ankles were visibly inflamed for five days and I couldn’t walk without limping. Another week off. Luckily my body adapts quite quickly and over the last month I’ve managed to string together consistent workouts after what was a challenging start.

Edited by juan pelota