All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The report I'd heard and an interview from Aldag was that Cav' would have had 1 dedicated guy and then the support of the rest of the team on the target stages then the other guys would have been free to hunt on the other stages (kind of like they haven't really done with this squad). Either way it's been a P.P.P from the team and also the management handling from start to finish. 

Let's be honest, he would've fared no better than anyone at DDD, he can't compete with these sprinters anymore and what we've seen is when he knows the win isn't on he sits up and doesn't bother with sprinting for top 10, he wouldn't have gone in any breaks and on mountains stage he would've just advertised Nederburg and from what ToC form shown he would have not made time cuts.

at least Kreuzinger has been doing okay in the GC, i think he could even get a top 10 IF he had some help from his team mates 

Eddie B stands a decent chance today, top 5-10 maybe or even go up the road in the break.

Edited by Gen

Understand he 's on his way to Arkea

Perhaps there's a WT license on the way to Arkea Samsic? or at least another invite to a GT event?

Perhaps there's a WT license on the way to Arkea Samsic? or at least another invite to a GT event?

Seems they were wanting to step up to WT and with katusha possibly folding there might be a licence there as well. 

Well not bringing Cav has worked out brilliantly so far. All those stage hunters and opportunists getting into breaks each day is really paying off for Mr Ryder.

Cav wouldnt of made it to the 2nd week and the team results would not of been any different. Nizzolo would of outperformed Cav all day long. 

Cav was battling to hold onto Cal's wheel at a local GF, Never mind win a stage at the tour. Ionica this week with his exceptional form should be a walk in the park for him to win every stage sprint then. 

Cav wouldnt of made it to the 2nd week and the team results would not of been any different. Nizzolo would of outperformed Cav all day long. 

Cav was battling to hold onto Cal's wheel at a local GF, Never mind win a stage at the tour. Ionica this week with his exceptional form should be a walk in the park for him to win every stage sprint then. 

:devil:

Let's be honest, he would've fared no better than anyone at DDD, he can't compete with these sprinters anymore and what we've seen is when he knows the win isn't on he sits up and doesn't bother with sprinting for top 10, he wouldn't have gone in any breaks and on mountains stage he would've just advertised Nederburg and from what ToC form shown he would have not made time cuts.

at least Kreuzinger has been doing okay in the GC, i think he could even get a top 10 IF he had some help from his team mates 

Eddie B stands a decent chance today, top 5-10 maybe or even go up the road in the break.

That made me chuckle.  :D  :D  :D  :D 

Nederburg are definitely getting their moneys worth with DD.

Edited by StevieL

Well Eddy B and Ben King in the break , with 8 minutes lead so DDD should at least get top10 or hopefully win today, some other strong riders there to.

Was quite tempted to put bet R100 on Cav taking a stage there as you'd hope he'd be fired up and ready to go. Wasn't that brave though. 

Well Eddy B and Ben King in the break , with 8 minutes lead so DDD should at least get top10 or hopefully win today, some other strong riders there to.

Some serious big hitters in that mini-peloton of 33 riders... Top 10 is going to need hard work and luck.

So who is coming to DD to retire next season?

More importantly, will Meintjies waste another year of his career with them? If it's not too late already.

At least they would have gotten some TV time with Cav.

More importantly, will Meintjies waste another year of his career with them? If it's not too late already.

More like would they waste another year with him............judging by his results over a good amount of months now