Desert Dash 2018

sias

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the saddle for this one, just need to find a team. Seems there isn't as much interest (at least locally) this year

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How's the training going guys?

Hurt my coxis by moering off a ladder 3 weeks ago, been itching to get back on the bike. Last few kilos were rough, but I think I can get by with a few short rides weekdays without doing too much damage

• 1 month later...

Seems like there are years of experience on this race in this chat. How would you summarize it for o newby?

Are you doing solo? What long distance races have you done? What is your fitness level?

But to summarize: It's hard, no matter what you have done and what your level of fitness is.

Edited by sias

It's hard, no matter what you have done and what your level of fitness is.

Absolutely. People very easily underestimate it as just another stage race, but the heat, dust, wind and loneliness catches a lot of people out.

I've heard of so many people giving up less than 70km away from the finish line.

Rather over-train and finish comfortably than under-train and struggle midway through. Stage 3 will kill you if you're not prepared and then you've not even hit the plot road behind Swakop with tired legs some 200 odd km away