Garmin EDGE 130 pricing

Vetplant

So the EGDE 130 was promised at 169 GBP, which comes to about R2843. But then Garmin SA decides to pop in into a bundle and voila, we sit at R4300, not the value proposition I was hoping for...

post-27827-0-18772600-1528111894_thumb.png

post-27827-0-45080400-1528111901_thumb.png

post-27827-0-89499200-1528111909_thumb.png

When I first saw it, I thought it was looking great and if close to 3000 locally it would be a done deal.

Then started to notice that the budle would cost the same as a EDGE 520 from Bike24 and only R1000 less than a Edge 820 from bike24. So I opted to order the Edge 820 from Bike24, seeing as the local markets are pricing themselves out of the water again.

So the EGDE 130 was promised at 169 GBP, which comes to about R2843. But then Garmin SA decides to pop in into a bundle and voila, we sit at R4300, not the value proposition I was hoping for...

Did you not see the device only version? R3499

Did you not see the device only version? R3499

To be honest, I did look for it for a short while but gave up after a couple minutes of fruitless page visits.

But R3500 is still 23% more than what I expected to pay for it when looking at the GBP price.

To be honest, I did look for it for a short while but gave up after a couple minutes of fruitless page visits.

But R3500 is still 23% more than what I expected to pay for it when looking at the GBP price.

How much would the GBP one cost you landed after vat and shipping?

Hi Hubbers

Our Garmin Edge 130 and Edge 130 Bundles will be arriving in stock tomorrow.

If you require any pricing on these drop us an email and we will be able to assist you.

sales@easybike.co.za

Regards

EasyBike

How much would the GBP one cost you landed after vat and shipping?

Guess it depends how you ship it. If you got a friend going over there then just a coffee/beer when you meet them to fetch it once they back.

The proper way would cost a lot more, which I think is what you were implying because then it comes to about the same price mentioned on the site. So its actually not a bad price once you consider all the overheads we get shafted with.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting issue with the 130 ....

It picks up my hart rate strap each time I start up the device ... trying to find a way to "add no" sensors ....  failing which I may just have to add somebody elses hart rate strap (that does not ride with us) ....