PainCave "Fight Night" Powered By Buycycle.co.za - SA's ZWIFT Race

Christian van Zyl

The start was something else.

I suffered up the hills and to crown it all telkom decides to drop my connection with 3km to go [emoji36][emoji36][emoji35]

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suffered up the hills and to crown it all telkom decides to drop my connection with 3km to go [emoji36][emoji36][emoji35]

That last climb took my sense of humor away,lol,especially after that high speed start. Second Thursday that I feel like a zombie,because I couldn’t sleep,who else struggles to sleep after a workout that late? If I can have one wish,it would be that the event start maybe 19:00,18:30 would be even better....

That last climb took my sense of humor away,lol,especially after that high speed start. Second Thursday that I feel like a zombie,because I couldn’t sleep,who else struggles to sleep after a workout that late? If I can have one wish,it would be that the event start maybe 19:00,18:30 would be even better....

5:30 would be even better

Started last night but stopped at 8:45, had only just got past half way.

Going to give these events a miss from now on. Finish is too late for me.

I second that :thumbup:

Yep, earlier start will make it a lot easier - but I guess it means the PainCave studios need to make free spots available during peak paying times.

+1

I would probably not be able to make an earlier time... baby need to get bathed and put to sleep first. I am already cutting it fine now. Best I would be able to make is a 19:00 slot.

The starts are usually over 6w/kg for the first bit and then settles to around 3.5 to 4w/kg which then lasts the whole race. I you are lucky enough to make the front group you are in for lots of pain and a considerable amount of suffering.

Although I enjoyed last night I did not feel great and had to manage a sore throat that started in the afternoon. Some serious horsepower came to play last night. Well done to all!

reminds me of the early days of racing (June 2014)

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/140625-online-racing-virtualtraining-cyclops/?hl=online+racing

The one thing better on Virtual training app when racing, was that you could see the other peoples watts per kg and heart rate while racing 

Virtual weights should also be displayed... :whistling: 

HR maybe but w/kg is shown in the list on Zwift - however I would love to see average power of myself and the others too (w/kg and actual)

Weight is the one area where there is 0 transparency. Unless you go to an official Zwift event and get weighed in.

Edited by s14phoenix

Weight is the one area where there is 0 transparency. Unless you go to an official Zwift event and get weighed in.

100%

It is only an training session after all

One hell of a training session if you ask me :clap:

100%

It is only an training session after all

One hell of a training session if you ask me :clap:

You could always just decide to cruise and not race... :thumbup:

I think I tell myself that every time and then the group sets off and suddenly its a fight to the death!!! :devil:

I second that :thumbup:

Yep, earlier start will make it a lot easier - but I guess it means the PainCave studios need to make free spots available during peak paying times.

+1

Hey Guys, 

The 19:35 time slot was unfortunately the earliest time available by ZWIFT. 

Since this race has significant following already it gives us the opportunity to negotiate with them a bit. 

We take all the comments into consideration and we might even push for two separate time slots to make the Fight Night more accessible to more ZAFFAs. 

Yours in suffering

Chief Torturer

Hey Guys, 

The 19:35 time slot was unfortunately the earliest time available by ZWIFT. 

Since this race has significant following already it gives us the opportunity to negotiate with them a bit. 

We take all the comments into consideration and we might even push for two separate time slots to make the Fight Night more accessible to more ZAFFAs. 

Yours in suffering

Chief Torturer

If we do change it, please not earlier then 7pm.