[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest racetec email excludes sunday morning for collection and registration, but on http://germistonclassic.co.za/start-info/ it says the following:

• * Sunday, 28 October 2018 – Carnival City (05:00 – 08:00).

* Participants taking part in the MTB, Road and Trail Run events can collect race numbers from Carnival City on Saturday/Sunday morning (27/28 October) between 05:30 and 06:30, or at any of the venues above.

Can anyone confirm Sunday is fine for registration & collection?

The latest racetec email excludes sunday morning for collection and registration, but on http://germistonclassic.co.za/start-info/ it says the following:

• * Sunday, 28 October 2018 – Carnival City (05:00 – 08:00).

* Participants taking part in the MTB, Road and Trail Run events can collect race numbers from Carnival City on Saturday/Sunday morning (27/28 October) between 05:30 and 06:30, or at any of the venues above.

Can anyone confirm Sunday is fine for registration & collection?

Sunday is confirmed.

The race office doesn’t work on Sunday, but our “helpers” will be there to hand out, and take late entries.

Sunday is confirmed.

The race office doesn’t work on Sunday, but our “helpers” will be there to hand out, and take late entries.

Thank you very much Frosty! It really helps, so thanks to everyone where it is due.

Hi Guys. I'm looking for a lift to the race, so that my girlfriend can use my car on the day. I live in Jackal Creak, Honeydew. I'm happy to pay for your fuel costs if you can take me.

Change in plan. GF is coming with me to the race, and we going to her thing afterwards.

Edited by GaryvdM

Hi Guys. I'm looking for a lift to the race, so that my girlfriend can use my car on the day. I live in Jackal Creak, Honeydew. I'm happy to pay for your fuel costs if you can take me.

You can always cycle to the venue; nice warmup ????

What do you charge her for that service?

Not sure if it was posted before, do you perhaps have the new route as a Strava ride/route?

Not sure if it was posted before, do you perhaps have the new route as a Strava ride/route?

Post 14 from the first page with a strava link:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/177189-event-carnival-city-macsteel-national-classic/?p=3343547

I didn't open the link so cannot confirm which route, but I assume its the 110 road.

edit: checked it, 110 route confirmed. Thanks Gary.

Edited by Dirkitech

Garmin file is available on the race website, if you want to download to your Garmin (assuming you have a Garmin).