GX Eagle Cassette Cogs?

BurgermeesterB

If it's broken it needs to be replaced.

It will bug you.

Sram 12 Speed pricing is just obscene.

Edited by dasilvarsa

If you can find someone who's somehow written off the rest of an Eagle cassette (wear in the smaller cogs, stripped spline etc etc) you'll be able to press the 50t off and press it on to your cassette. Done it with an 11sp SRAM cassette before.

This is one of those "it'll probably be fine but if it's not it may cost you a derailleur and some spokes" things.

Your call.

you can ride it BUT there is a very big risk of the broken tooth area passing the derailleurs upper guide pulley while shifting onto the 50T. The result will be the chain slipping through the gap and off the cassette into the spokes. Once lodged in there you should probably be left alone as the language you MAY use while trying to remove the chain while unwrapping the derailleur is unlikely to be unhealthy to sensitive viewers

Not true, unless your lower limit screw isn't set.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

NO.  The single gear cant be swopped out.

At least not according to SRAM.

The GX is made from 12 different rings that are permanently linked via a series of "rivets" - that is according to SRAM.

sorry for your loss.  I would use a dremel tool and smooth off that tooth .... replace the chain and cog when the time comes .... (though it would bug me, and I would replace as soon as the budget allows)

If it's broken it needs to be replaced.

It will bug you.

Sram 12 Speed pricing is just obscene.

wonder how long before Sunrace brings out a 12 speed cogg ....

Thank you.

WHY would they change it though ?

that 10 sprocket see enough use .... would hate to replace it with an 11 ....

Because they only make cassettes for the standard Shimano style freehub body, which is too large in diameter for a 10t.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested:

I did quite a bit of research on the matter and saw many international okes saying that SRAM will warranty it. 

I went to LBS (Hotspot Cycles) where Neil and the guys helped get the cassette to the local SRAM guys, since the cassette was used under what is deemed as "Normal Conditions", with an Eagle chain, and was only 3 months old, they decided to Warranty the Cassette for me. 

So... Case closed, SRAM is a pretty badass company and they look after their riders, it seems. So now I got a brand new cassette and all it cost me was the R225 Courier fee to and from Sram. 

Just goes to show. If you buy expensive things, always check the warranty first. If I had modified it in any way, they would have guaranteed told me that it's my own loss and they wouldn't have warrantied it. 

Thanx to those who gave me some constructive advice. To all the others, it was a hoot to read through this thread after the fact. 

For those interested:

I did quite a bit of research on the matter and saw many international okes saying that SRAM will warranty it. 

I went to LBS (Hotspot Cycles) where Neil and the guys helped get the cassette to the local SRAM guys, since the cassette was used under what is deemed as "Normal Conditions", with an Eagle chain, and was only 3 months old, they decided to Warranty the Cassette for me. 

So... Case closed, SRAM is a pretty badass company and they look after their riders, it seems. So now I got a brand new cassette and all it cost me was the R225 Courier fee to and from Sram. 

Just goes to show. If you buy expensive things, always check the warranty first. If I had modified it in any way, they would have guaranteed told me that it's my own loss and they wouldn't have warrantied it. 

Thanx to those who gave me some constructive advice. To all the others, it was a hoot to read through this thread after the fact. 

Amazeballs!

Horraaay for Good Customer Service! :clap:

Not a SRAM guy, but I have always wondered about making the switch... this helps...

Amazeballs!

Horraaay for Good Customer Service! :clap:

Not a SRAM guy, but I have always wondered about making the switch... this helps...

I wasn't a SRAM guys before getting this one, and I must say, I am pretty darn impressed. Rides beautifully smoothly and is real easy to get help online with setting up your own stuff. 

Their Youtube channel is real helpful!

If you are considering making a shift (hehe) I would recommend the GX Eagle Drivetrain.