FARR Gravel Frame-Kits - Cromo Frame and Fork

Farrnus

only a few left at this CRAZY PRICE!!!

current stock availability below ( unfortunately S and XL sizes are all gone ) :

FR312GRY FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM GREY

FR312O FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM ORANGE

FR314GRY FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT LARGE 54CM GREY

FR314O FARR FRAMEKIT FARR OUT LARGE 54CM ORANGE

Order yours HERE

arrived this morning.

it 

is

so

pretty

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something beautiful got delivered today...

post-44163-0-22196600-1565104590_thumb.jpg

Not quite a couch, but it's the best I could do at work  :D .

I have a question though. I'd like to run drop bars with a 1 x 11 setup. From what I've read, 105 shifters won't work with a SLX or XT rear mech. Has anyone come up with a working shimano system to get this right? (trying to avoid buying an entire 1x11 sram groupset)

20190806_113709.jpg

Not quite a couch, but it's the best I could do at work :D .

I have a question though. I'd like to run drop bars with a 1 x 11 setup. From what I've read, 105 shifters won't work with a SLX or XT rear mech. Has anyone come up with a working shimano system to get this right? (trying to avoid buying an entire 1x11 sram groupset)

What have you got to work with? 11 speed 105 shifters? Hydros?

Shimano has the new GRX system that should be becoming available... rear derailleur with long cage that handles wide range cassette on 1x11 (But not 2x11 it seems) that might interest you. RX812 or something like that I think. Will run with existing 11 speed road shifters so negates the need to switch to SRAM. Other options too but the GRX800 series seems to be what you need to get out of the 11-32 range.

attachicon.gif20190806_113709.jpg

Not quite a couch, but it's the best I could do at work  :D .

Awesome - tks for the support.

What have you got to work with? 11 speed 105 shifters? Hydros?

Shimano has the new GRX system that should be becoming available... rear derailleur with long cage that handles wide range cassette on 1x11 (But not 2x11 it seems) that might interest you. RX812 or something like that I think. Will run with existing 11 speed road shifters so negates the need to switch to SRAM. Other options too but the GRX800 series seems to be what you need to get out of the 11-32 range.

Thanks for the advice.

My first plan was to use an extra XT rear mech and 1x crank that I have lying around, and then getting some 105 shifters. But after much reading, I found that the pull actuation is different between shimano MTB and road shifters, so thats a no-go. 

My next thought was then to use a long cage 105 rear mech, maybe with a wolftooth adapter, to be able to use a 11-40 cassette. I decided against that though because I figured a RD with a clutch is probably required for a 1x setup. 

So the only real options I see at the moment for a Shimano setup is an Ultegra RX-GS rear mech. The claimed max cassette size is 11-34 though, so I'm guessing a wolftooth adapter will be required to run 11-40. Or switch to Sram. From what I've read, it seems sram road shifters work with mtb derraileurs as long as they both use their "exact automation" system.

Thanks for the advice.

My first plan was to use an extra XT rear mech and 1x crank that I have lying around, and then getting some 105 shifters. But after much reading, I found that the pull actuation is different between shimano MTB and road shifters, so thats a no-go.

My next thought was then to use a long cage 105 rear mech, maybe with a wolftooth adapter, to be able to use a 11-40 cassette. I decided against that though because I figured a RD with a clutch is probably required for a 1x setup.

So the only real options I see at the moment for a Shimano setup is an Ultegra RX-GS rear mech. The claimed max cassette size is 11-34 though, so I'm guessing a wolftooth adapter will be required to run 11-40. Or switch to Sram. From what I've read, it seems sram road shifters work with mtb derraileurs as long as they both use their "exact automation" system.

Or you could use the Ultegra until the GRX 812 rear derailleur is available? If you can’t source one now?

https://www.bike24.com/p2322800.html

Looks like we’re having similar dilemmas.

The new Shimano gravel/road groupset bits looked like a win for me until I realized (it seems) it’s either 1x11 with a wide range 11-42 cassette or 2x11 with medium range 11-32. And availability is not good at this point since the launch hasn’t seen stock becoming available yet. Online options are also blocked for us.

I think the older 10 speed Shimano MTB and road bits are compatible but finding those and making sure they work is also a problem. Unless you want to wait, it looks like SRAM is pretty much the only way to go at the moment. Pity.

I got the orange frame and slowly figuring it out and building it up, will post some pics soon. I found a cheap set of Stans ZTR crest wheels in mint condition online, but still need to get some rubber for them, the 2.1 MTB wheels are too fat and rub on the frame. Next thing is the groupset, was thinking of going 2x11, 105, see if i can find a used one for a good price. Loving this thread!!

Have placed my build on hold, until I can save up for a different groupset as the one I had is all flat mount brakes - post mount on the fork is tricky with Shimano.

Have placed my build on hold, until I can save up for a different groupset as the one I had is all flat mount brakes - post mount on the fork is tricky with Shimano.

I’m good at asking dumb questions and know nada nothing nix about disc brakes really (except try get it right from the start) so here goes... is it not possible to swop out the flat mount caliper for a post mount one on the front?? You get single post mount TRP hydros so maybe something like that??

I’m good at asking dumb questions and know nada nothing nix about disc brakes really (except try get it right from the start) so here goes... is it not possible to swop out the flat mount caliper for a post mount one on the front?? You get single post mount TRP hydros so maybe something like that??

You correct, several work arounds, but trying to keep within budget using parts I already have.  Chaps from A.S. Solutions (terrible name if you dont add the . . ), willing to ship flat to post mount adaptors to SA - shout any one may place an order later with them, they just busy with working out the best / cheapest / reliable shipping option.

You correct, several work arounds, but trying to keep within budget using parts I already have. Chaps from A.S. Solutions (terrible name if you dont add the . . ), willing to ship flat to post mount adaptors to SA - shout any one may place an order later with them, they just busy with working out the best / cheapest / reliable shipping option.

Keep me in the loop on that one please, I may need to go that route too... also trying to balance the budget here with work-arounds and available parts ????????

Hi Guys,

below is the list of what is still available at R 3999!!!!

when these are GONE, they are GONE! 

FR310O FRAMEKIT FARR OUT SMALL 50CM ORANGE     0

FR312GRY FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM GREY     6

FR312O FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM ORANGE     5

FR314GRY FRAMEKIT FARR OUT LARGE 54CM GREY     2

FR314O FRAMEKIT FARR OUT LARGE 54CM ORANGE     6

FR316O FRAMEKIT FARR OUT XL 56CM ORANGE     0

Edited by Farrnus

3 9 9 9 for a Frame + Fork + Headset + Axles = Bargain!

Only a few left

Farnus,

Is this the grey?