FARR Gravel Frame-Kits - Cromo Frame and Fork

Farrnus

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here is what is left in stock :

FR312GRY FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM GREY FR312O FRAMEKIT FARR OUT MEDIUM 52CM ORANGE FR314O FRAMEKIT FARR OUT LARGE 54CM ORANGE

R 4500 incl VAT is a BARGAIN  :thumbup: - order yours HERE 

post-121972-0-35526900-1584436025_thumb.jpg

also got this sample frame - BRAND NEW - was just built up for photos etc. 

it is a 54cm - going for R 3950!!!

see it here 

post-121972-0-14948800-1584436177_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Farrnus, what is the biggest size 27.5 mtb tyres that can fit this frame and fork?

I am wondering if some Maxxis Ikon 2.1" tyres will fit?

Farrnus, what is the biggest size 27.5 mtb tyres that can fit this frame and fork?

I am wondering if some Maxxis Ikon 2.1" tyres will fit?

Hi - have not personally fitted those but from past experience, as long as you don't put 30mm wide rims on, it should work well with a traditional XC style rim - so something around the 19 to 21mm inner width ( like stan's crest etc ) would be good! 

scratched around for pics of the chainstay area - but could not find, here is a seatstay pic with 40mm Clement's mounted.

post-121972-0-01550200-1588389249_thumb.jpg

Hi - have not personally fitted those but from past experience, as long as you don't put 30mm wide rims on, it should work well with a traditional XC style rim - so something around the 19 to 21mm inner width ( like stan's crest etc ) would be good!

scratched around for pics of the chainstay area - but could not find, here is a seatstay pic with 40mm Clement's mounted.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit hesitant to make any purchases before actually seeing if it fits... I will ask around if someone has a 27.5 wheelset I can borrow to put in my frame and test. I'll post some pics here for future reference.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit hesitant to make any purchases before actually seeing if it fits... I will ask around if someone has a 27.5 wheelset I can borrow to put in my frame and test. I'll post some pics here for future reference.

I remember we had some guys build with 27.5 wheels - see below pics - this was in Cape Town - seems like a 2.0 ( 47C? ) Elwood - which is from USA brand - Terravail 

https://gravelcyclist.com/bicycle-tech/review-terrene-elwood-tough-650b-tubeless-ready-tires/

post-121972-0-07553300-1588558199_thumb.jpg

post-121972-0-50546800-1588558307_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So while I haven't exactly been able to finish my build, I got around to weighing the bike yesterday. Everything's on it, except bar tape! Without pedals (I took them off), it comes in at 11,7kgs. This is far less than I was expecting it to be (if my scale is accurate). Can anyone confirm if this sounds correct? The bike has 2 x 11sp Ultegra hydraulic group with a Shimano RS500 crank. Other components are nothing fancy.

Thanks

Edited by Jonesy

So while I haven't exactly been able to finish my build, I got around to weighing the bike yesterday. Everything's on it, except bar tape! Without pedals (I took them off), it comes in at 11,7kgs. This is far less than I was expecting it to be (if my scale is accurate). Can anyone confirm if this sounds correct? The bike has 2 x 11sp Ultegra hydraulic group with a Shimano RS500 crank. Other components are nothing fancy.

Thanks

that does sound fairly light -- frame is Butted Cromo but so is the fork and not nearly as light as say a Carbon or Alloy variant. But the ride ... please post some pics, would love to see. We are working on some new frames, will be some interesting new options coming out ... and we are keeping STEEL in the line-up.

snip

We are working on some new frames, will be some interesting new options coming out ... and we are keeping STEEL in the line-up.

would hope so...it's the only REAL material for bicycle frames in any case lol.

Thanks

Did you weigh the fork separate? I'm too lazy to take mine off and weigh it.

Did you weigh the fork separate? I'm too lazy to take mine off and weigh it.

Hi Andreas.

No... fork is on (the original steel fork)....its the complete bike (large frame). Honestly I was expecting about 13kgs or a tad more. Would be interesting to hear what figures others are getting with their particular builds.

The calibration on the scale seems fine as I weighed a 5kg bag of rice to check.

I'm aware that weight is not the primary concern as far as steel bikes are involved but would love to hear from others that have weighed their bike as well.

Edited by Jonesy

that does sound fairly light -- frame is Butted Cromo but so is the fork and not nearly as light as say a Carbon or Alloy variant. But the ride ... please post some pics, would love to see. We are working on some new frames, will be some interesting new options coming out ... and we are keeping STEEL in the line-up.

Yes... even butted the frameset is much heavier than say a Carbon Diverge. Thats why I was expecting a total weight around the 13kg plus mark.

Will post pics as soon as the bike is complete... I live in hope...

Edited by Jonesy

I cant give weights yet, I had a bit of a delay on my bike, I am slowly starting to complete my build. So far I have 29" ZTR-crests and some other bits and pieces. I'm thinking of going withShimano 105 disc groupset with 2x Shimano 105 with 11spd 11-34 rear cog and 46/30 on the front. Looking forward to sharing some pics soon.