FARR Gravel Frame-Kits - Cromo Frame and Fork

Farrnus

next question!!!

This is a great bike, can't believe it took me so long to unleash.

The paintwork is exquisite, but a little chippy.has anyone found it to get marks easily, and if so, suggestions on colours to touchup (I got the orange/blue one)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question for all you that bought a frame. Do these come with both the front and rear axles in the box? seems comms about these are still going across the pond unfortunately.  still waiting for an answer and TWT aren't sure..i phoned them this morning. 

EDIT: i'm asking because I seem to recall that they didn't come with a front axle - something along the lines of "they are easy to get hold of so buy it yourself" on the old local website. I can be wrong though. 

thanks

Edited by MORNE

thanks for the PM, yes they do come with both front and rear axles to anyone wondering the same. 

Got an answer on here in 5 minutes, requesting the info fromt he actual seller/brand - still havent received an answer even after phoning TWT (although they are nice and friendly people at TWT). They did mention that FARR questions get send across the pond LOL - go figures. 

• 1 month later...

Can anyone on here who has run one of these with a front derailleur please elaborate what and how?  My wife might want a 2x11 105 setup instead of the 1x grx

thanks.

32 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Can anyone on here who has run one of these with a front derailleur please elaborate what and how?  My wife might want a 2x11 105 setup instead of the 1x grx

thanks.

I’m running 2x11 will send a pic shortly ????????

15 minutes ago, andreas17777 said:

Basically pulled from the bottom, using internal cable route.

CB3300A8-BB2A-4CCE-BC97-B953053D144F.jpeg

665D7297-E648-49D3-83CC-A0FD4EF41DF2.jpeg

3B568053-112B-49C3-84C9-502FE478EF71.jpeg

84EABA0A-452E-4DDE-B85D-4925953D65AC.jpeg

legend thanks! This is exactly why i asked...the frame is top pull but most road mechs are bottom pull.

next question....

i'm not well versed in the dark arts of modern front derailleurs....do most of them have this part for a cable housing to stop against? because thats the only reason you could make this work.

it will most probably be a 105 front mech. 

EDIT: i also found this pic of someone elses FARR. How was that made to work?

665D7297-E648-49D3-83CC-A0FD4EF41DF2.jpeg.b3789678f868105b13b280e21345b517.jpeg

IMG_6353.JPG

Edited by MORNE

5 minutes ago, MORNE said:

legend thanks! This is exactly why i asked...the frame is top pull but most road mechs are bottom pull.

next question....

i'm not well versed in the dark arts of modern front derailleurs....do most of them have this part for a cable housing to stop against? because thats the only reason you could make this work.

it will most probably be a 105 front mech. 

EDIT: i also found this pic of someone elses FARR. How was that made to work?

665D7297-E648-49D3-83CC-A0FD4EF41DF2.jpeg.b3789678f868105b13b280e21345b517.jpeg

IMG_6353.JPG

Uhm, I don’t know if the fd comes with that part, my mechanic came up with this solution so would think any good mechanic would as well.

5 minutes ago, andreas17777 said:

Uhm, I don’t know if the fd comes with that part, my mechanic came up with this solution so would think any good mechanic would as well.

think thats grx specific and it looks like that.  Nothing was 'solved' there my a bike spanner imo lol. Thanks for the insight though...I sent the guy with the other bike a PM too. 

26 minutes ago, andreas17777 said:

looks like the newer ones also work like that. this is the R7000 105 front mech. makes sense because it negates the need for a frame boss.

FD-R7000.jpg

• 2 months later...

image.png.cb43a25256118a9de0f58d0d9f3af7fb.png

took this baby through a karoo/swartberg loop last week.

has anyone used the official Farr bags for storage? i'm specifically looking at one of these(this is on int site, and not available yet). now they did have some on the local shop, and i assume they were designed around this frame(although obviously frame sizes vary within a model - mine is 56). did anyone get these, and use them?

FARR_Toptube-Frame-Bag-Dual_AUG-21_1.jpg

just for fun, he she is hanging out with a friend

AM-JKLW8y8onuwmsCTpfsXW86aWs_vS9xPB9S2ileX27x45m6RjEqzBei4okyCIj5qnE7F5vNuux0JRCfd_jfuHTr4RYqXpVJmELHUeGnrjCPsBLwrXeWiaQgPeOUxjZTvIVyDxt7dGSvQnYjbT5lRPG8OvR=w834-h625-no?authuser=0

On 2/2/2019 at 8:56 AM, Farrnus said:

post-121972-0-46379600-1549090568_thumb.jpg

On 2/2/2019 at 8:58 AM, Farrnus said:

some more pics.

post-121972-0-78814400-1549090675_thumb.jpg

52 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

image.png.cb43a25256118a9de0f58d0d9f3af7fb.png

took this baby through a karoo/swartberg loop last week.

has anyone used the official Farr bags for storage? i'm specifically looking at one of these(this is on int site, and not available yet). now they did have some on the local shop, and i assume they were designed around this frame(although obviously frame sizes vary within a model - mine is 56). did anyone get these, and use them?

FARR_Toptube-Frame-Bag-Dual_AUG-21_1.jpg

just for fun, he she is hanging out with a friend

AM-JKLW8y8onuwmsCTpfsXW86aWs_vS9xPB9S2ileX27x45m6RjEqzBei4okyCIj5qnE7F5vNuux0JRCfd_jfuHTr4RYqXpVJmELHUeGnrjCPsBLwrXeWiaQgPeOUxjZTvIVyDxt7dGSvQnYjbT5lRPG8OvR=w834-h625-no?authuser=0

I've used the one that was locally available. Good quality with no issues. Not on the Farr frame, but fitted well on a size large mtb.

20201119_092212.jpg

Edited by Dusty

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This bike is very appealing lately... ticking the right boxes. Only curious has anyone built a racier spec of these???? Carbon fork? Sram etap? And light wheels?

29 minutes ago, Toasted marshmallows said:

This bike is very appealing lately... ticking the right boxes. Only curious has anyone built a racier spec of these???? Carbon fork? Sram etap? And light wheels?

If you want to spend that money on groupset and wheels, rather get a custom Mecer!!!

About a month ago there were a Mecer frame in small available.

Unfortunately my dispossible income is zero after the new old house and upcoming renovations.