Cycle touring in South Africa

A few friends and I have been doing some cycle touring the last two years. One from Amersfoort to Balito(584km) and the second from Harrismith to Amanzimtoti (389km). Both were amazing.This is our final year at university and we want to finish it with a cycle tour to remember.

We were thinking of doing the Cape Cross cycle this December. We are from Pretoria and will probably fly to George and start the route from there.

Any advice before we start planning? Also, are there any cycle touring route options that is a must beside the Cape Cross?

Thank you!!

• 1 year later...

Hi Cobus. Obviously way too late for the question. But do you perhaps have a route/map that you used for the Amersfoort- Ballito route?? Thanks hey

Hi JB, I have a google maps link of both trails we did. Send me your email address and ill email them to you.

• 2 months later...

Hi JB, I have a google maps link of both trails we did. Send me your email address and ill email them to you.

Hi Cobus, Im also interested the routes you used.

Being based in KZN, it would be awesome to try these out over the holidays. I will send you my email address and would appreciate it if you could share the route as well.