Vinyl Wrap Bike Frame

Aurora

I have seen some amazing bike wraps coming out lately and have a frame I would like to try this on.

Who in SA could do this and what would they cost?

I have seen some amazing bike wraps coming out lately and have a frame I would like to try this on.

I came across these guys on FB a little while back .... Ballistic Bike Armour (search for them on Facebook). I've never used them so can't comment on their work, but I've also been interested in maybe getting some decals done.

I came across these guys on FB a little while back .... Ballistic Bike Armour (search for them on Facebook). I've never used them so can't comment on their work, but I've also been interested in maybe getting some decals done.

Nic is actually doing some decals for my road wheels at the moment, didnt even realise he could do full wraps?

Nic is actually doing some decals for my road wheels at the moment, didnt even realise he could do full wraps?

To be honest, I'm also not sure if they do full bike wraps, but worth asking them

Can highly recommend Nic's work. did some awesome decals for my DH bike frame and fork

Check on YouTube.

I bought some 'carbon fibre' wrap on eBay (from Hong Kong), cheap as chips, intending to wrap an old Vitus I have. Haven't done it yet, but it looks pretty easy.

For those who had it done, how durable is it compared to respraying? And the cost, say for a frame?

For those who had it done, how durable is it compared to respraying? And the cost, say for a frame?

its only stickers...

Some tips...

Most wrapping places may not want to touch it thanks to the small size of the frame...

To do it yourself is super easy, just make sure you do the following:

Buy proper 3m wrapping vynil and not the cheap crap from autostyle. Use soapy water and soak the back of the wrap and the frame, then apply using a vynil squeegee or craft card wrapped in some microfiber so you don't scratch the wrap.

Work in larger sections first, and then get the small sections as required.

Hairdryer heat will get the wrap to mould nicely around bumps and you'll be quite surprised what can be wrapped without having to cut it.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, looking at this thread again. Has anyone custom wrapped there bike. I assume you then have additional decals to stick on afterwards or what has most done. Would be nice to see before and after pics. How does cost compare to a custom respray?

Hi guys, looking at this thread again. Has anyone custom wrapped there bike. I assume you then have additional decals to stick on afterwards or what has most done. Would be nice to see before and after pics. How does cost compare to a custom respray?

Have a look at Armour Ride's instagram page. They do bike wraps, mainly clear and protective (good product, have it on my bike). But I have seen some colorful and custom stuff being done by them lately which looks quite awesome. If it costs the same as a clear design you are still looking at half the cost of a custom spray (which you will want to cover up anyway for protection), and you walk away with your warranty in tact.