[Event] JoBerg2c 2019

joBerg2c

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can not wait!!!

I got a serious case of the morbs / fomo. Must make a plan to do it again in 2020.

Do not go too hard the first two days through the Freestate, the real nice riding only start on day Three on wards. You will find you gets stronger as the days goes on, and on day 9 you will be slightly depressed, because you want more of the awesome riding.

Expect the best 9 days on a bike, of your life.

Wannabe:

This was your exact post to me last year when I entered my 1st one and asked what to expect, and you were NOT wrong. Amazing experience.

Serious FOMO at the moment so 2020 here I come.

To those that are riding, this is the 10th Edition so I am sure it will be a little bit more special.

Enjoy.

What an awesome event.

Loved it in 2017 and doing it again this year.

I think the pricing is fair. Not cheap but fair.

They have a lot of logistics to handle with the point to point nature of the event unlike a lot of the other stage races that have multiple nights in the same camp.

Best food and vibe in any of the multi day races I've done.

Very good combination between a hard enough route but still able to have a jol without killing yourself.

9 weeks to go, lots more training to be done.

Dreaming of :Great wall my China, Sollys, Umko, Harrisons, Rock & Roll, Gumtree, etc etc

Great Wall my China was one of my highlights, together with the Umko Drop.

The sight of the long line of riders ascending "The Wall" and then the incredible views over the valley below when you get to the top, was amazing. And then also to be able to ride on top of the mountain, with cliffs mere feet away from you, still gives me goosebumps.

• 2 months later...

Not to forget about the Spionkop ascent and descent.....that drop down Spionkop into Emseni remains my favorite piece of track.

Up was a different story...

was reading somewhere that we dont go up Spionkop anymore.

Please no RAIN

Looks like those first 3 days are going to be a mud fest. Heidelberg, Reitz and Frankfort have rain predicted for the next 3 days according to the app on my phone.

Would absolutely love to do it solo again but its now double the cost of what I paid in 2013  :(

In 2013 I think the event was only a few years old.  As such you got a bargain.  I still think it is one of the best value for money events in the country...

was reading somewhere that we dont go up Spionkop anymore.

they stopped for a few years - but I think they are going back up this year....