[Event] Ezelenduro 2018

RvonT

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, some of us even fell over on the ground.

It would be great to see everyone who bravely sits behind a keyboard ride this event!

I remember not even bending my legs to sit down. My feet just slipped and I was like "this is a perfect place to sit".

Jiss Myles not sure I said that hey. If I did sorry. I think what I said was that I found it very arrogant to write a race report on a race you didnt complete. Was my opinion, still is.

The majority did not agree with me and I took a beating for it.

I definitely disagree with this. I am not sure whether there is a specific editorial standard to be able to call something a "race report", but I quite liked this write-up. As did I like Moridin's write up of W2W last year (which he also did not complete). Getting a personal perspective on the suffering (and joy) a person experienced in a race is always entertaining for me. Whether they finished or not does not take any of that away. Like Moridin Myles also persevered and finished strong. Kudo's for that!....and keep writing!  

4 yrs ago I had my first ride at Eselfontein. As we cycled past the gate, the iride guys stopped us & asked for the code. They (Dan) told me they're looking at the enduro stuff. The next I read was the report of the 1st Ezel & it became a goal. Myles' report last yr helped me make up my mind to attempt this year. I recon i finished dead last. There's a 9 min gap between me and the next rider. I did not get up to 5 as that would have been negligent on my part. I know my limits and getting down 4 was already past it. YouTube does not do it justice. We left at 9 and i was back at camp past 16:00. It's a hard day in unaccessable mountains. You must apply limits. The guys & gals that ride this (i walked a lot on 4) CAN ride. Please respect that. They also kuier a hond uit n bos uit. Bliksem, daars nie einde nie!

4 yrs ago I had my first ride at Eselfontein. As we cycled past the gate, the iride guys stopped us & asked for the code. They (Dan) told me they're looking at the enduro stuff. The next I read was the report of the 1st Ezel & it became a goal. Myles' report last yr helped me make up my mind to attempt this year. I recon i finished dead last. There's a 9 min gap between me and the next rider. I did not get up to 5 as that would have been negligent on my part. I know my limits and getting down 4 was already past it. YouTube does not do it justice. We left at 9 and i was back at camp past 16:00. It's a hard day in unaccessable mountains. You must apply limits. The guys & gals that ride this (i walked a lot on 4) CAN ride. Please respect that. They also kuier a hond uit n bos uit. Bliksem, daars nie einde nie!

LOL. The party carried on, shoulda stayed longer but my bed was calling! 

Stage 4 is, in my mind, the best trail in the Cape. You back for more, next time?

I definitely disagree with this. I am not sure whether there is a specific editorial standard to be able to call something a "race report", but I quite liked this write-up. As did I like Moridin's write up of W2W last year (which he also did not complete). Getting a personal perspective on the suffering (and joy) a person experienced in a race is always entertaining for me. Whether they finished or not does not take any of that away. Like Moridin Myles also persevered and finished strong. Kudo's for that!....and keep writing!

You and three quarters of the hub disagreed with me. Not news.

Yup, some of us even fell over on the ground.

It would be great to see everyone who bravely sits behind a keyboard ride this event!

Well, I've entered and finished 2... both on a hardtail, last year on a SS.

I have never struggled to make the cut off, but I have definitely run out of upper body strength and 'racing' talent. 

If I didn't have a World Champs to compete at in November I would have been there but priorities won.

It's a super fun event and worth the Ra Ra.... Myles is a champ for facing his demons

You and three quarters of the hub disagreed with me. Not news.

Sorry, missed that thread so had to throw my 2c in. Believe me, I have no problem with someone fighting his corner from a minority view point. If you follow the Trump thread at all you will realise we have that in common. I actually worry a bit when I find myself agreeing with any majority point of view  :thumbup:

LOL. The party carried on, shoulda stayed longer but my bed was calling!

Stage 4 is, in my mind, the best trail in the Cape. You back for more, next time?

definitely. Problem is that every nearby trail seems a bit dumbed down after riding 4. Don't know why... Edited by Patensie

definitely. Problem is that every nearby trail seems a bit dumbed down after riding 4. Don't know why...

HAHAHAHA!!! I know EXACTLY what you mean. Told Dan last year that st4 is my "new normal". 

Dingles (that one section that most people walked on Klipberg) was a level above that. Steeper, but just as loose and bigger loose rock. 

definitely. Problem is that every nearby trail seems a bit dumbed down after riding 4. Don't know why...

Solly, next time I bump into you at G-Spot I want to see you doing that final jump. No excuses after this comment!

Well, I've entered and finished 2... both on a hardtail, last year on a SS.

I have never struggled to make the cut off, but I have definitely run out of upper body strength and 'racing' talent. 

If I didn't have a World Champs to compete at in November I would have been there but priorities won.

It's a super fun event and worth the Ra Ra.... Myles is a champ for facing his demons

I think everyone ran out of upper body strength, tbh. I still remember your "soft off" from last year... :P

And you get a special kinda medal for doing it on an SS. Malmens. 

Sorry, missed that thread so had to throw my 2c in. Believe me, I have no problem with someone fighting his corner from a minority view point. If you follow the Trump thread at all you will realise we have that in common. I actually worry a bit when I find myself agreeing with any majority point of view  :thumbup:

Only dead fish go with the flow 

Solly, next time I bump into you at G-Spot I want to see you doing that final jump. No excuses after this comment!

LOL. The thing with Esel is that there's hardly any jumps, except on stage 1. All the rest are drops / rocky chutes on to super rocky ground. Think Coetzenburg, Table Mountain (pat's track, Rupert's Folly / Revenge) and Jonkers (Iron Monkey & Status Quo)

I have an irrational fear of jumps. They mess with me, properly. I know they shouldn't, but they do. And Esel is, fwiw, not G spot. One does not go there to get good at jumps. :P