Wahoo / Strava to earn Vitality points

Does anyone else use the Garmin Edge 25 with a Wahoo trainer? I haven't been able to get the Garmin to connect to the trainer. Wondering if its possible at all

Edge 25 does not do power meters, see comparison chart https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/06/garmin-edge-20-25.html

So will not read your trainer power meter, you can connect speed/cadence, so will be able to record time, distance, speed, cadence and HR.

For discovery you only time and HR

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a final date from the company that does the validation process for Vitality set at end of October.

We're working hard to ensure this happens as soon as possible.

Your local Wahooligan

Tx Christian. Are you still on track with this release? Anymore info you can share?

Tx Christian. Are you still on track with this release? Anymore info you can share?

We're testing the Alpha stage, this has taken a bit longer than we anticipated. Beta release (closed public) set for next week. Once the devs are happy with the results we're pushing public - will celebrate the final release on this thread...

We're testing the Alpha stage, this has taken a bit longer than we anticipated. Beta release (closed public) set for next week. Once the devs are happy with the results we're pushing public - will celebrate the final release on this thread...

Awesome. Thanks for the update. If you need more help with the Beta test phase, count me in.

If you are taking applications for closed beta, please sign me up as well. Getting rid of this stupid tan line on my wrist would be perfect.

• 2 months later...

Any update on the status of this?

Edited by Rezamundus

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So ........ now we all on lockdown and the whole cycling community of SA is using Zwift surely this should be working?

You can upload your Wahoo files to a Garmin Connect account. If that account is linked to Vitality you'll get the points. You may also have to change the device in the .fit file.

It's all very easy to game. Fun fact: I cancelled Vitality when I started routinely exercising. I had spent years paying for it without realising.

• 9 months later...

Hi All

Im budy testing a wahoo element bolt Atm, Thus far i can get it to sync to discovery for points.

Ive synced it to apple health app but it doesnt pull through to discovery?

Anyone here that might be able to assist me with how to do this? and if its possible to make it automated?

Im in the market for a wahoo Roam or if i cant sync to discovery then it will have to be a garmin edge.

I dont have a smart wath atm to record with to sync to discovery

You can't automatically sync Wahoo rides to Vitality. You can do it manually (as above) or with some 1337 coding skills.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, just want to confirm that wahoo can earn you points on vitality and is a device that accepted and can connect to the discovery app