Wahoo / Strava to earn Vitality points

Hi there all.

Been searching the forums with absolutely no luck.

Is the any way at all to earn Vitality points by making use of a Wahoo Elemnt or linking your Strava Account with your Vitality profile?

Would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance on this matter.

Thanks.

Jackson.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One option -

Connect your Wahoo to the Polar app and get points that way.

Link your Wahoo app to one of the approved apps, eg: Polar or Garmin. Strava was removed as one of the approved apps because you can manually add an exercise session that cannot be distinguished from a session done with a device by Vitality.

I use the TrainerRoad app, which is of course not a Vitality approved app, to get around it I sync TrainerRoad with Garmin, and Garmin with Vitality (for points) as well as Strava (my app of choice to keep track of all exercise I do).

Use this link to get files send to garmin connect automatically 

https://tapiriik.com/

My pleasure

busy trying this, will revert back if Discovery points are awarded.

thanks for the link!

Link your Wahoo app to one of the approved apps, eg: Polar or Garmin. Strava was removed as one of the approved apps because you can manually add an exercise session that cannot be distinguished from a session done with a device by Vitality.

I use the TrainerRoad app, which is of course not a Vitality approved app, to get around it I sync TrainerRoad with Garmin, and Garmin with Vitality (for points) as well as Strava (my app of choice to keep track of all exercise I do).

How did you smokkel points for TR rides?

Mine sync to Garmin but I get zip for them

I use my garmin 520 when on zwift with all sensors. Once ride is completed garmin uploads to garmin and strava, zwift upload to strava, go on strava and delete garmin activity. One activity on garmin, one on strava and 300 vitality points. 

How did you smokkel points for TR rides?

Mine sync to Garmin but I get zip for them

It didn't used to work. Had to record on my watch aswell and get points like that, but a couple of weeks agoy wife aynced up TR to Garmin and got Vitality points for it, I tried again and now it works...

so zwift links directly to Garmin connect.

not sure if it will award points though

As far as I know that is incorrect. Garmin link with Discovery not Zwift.

okay, whoever wants to know how to do it, PM me. (obviously you have to have a garmin account because discovery only sync with garmin connect) I have a wahoo ELMNT and I get all the points for all the workouts uploaded

EDIT: DO NOT PM me if you googled this and only created an account to get a fix for your wahoo to discovery, ALSO DO NOT PM me if you are inactive on  bikehub and dont have a profile picture and have zero posts

Edited by avatar

• 3 weeks later...

Do you just upload the .fit files ? You can sync the Bolt/Elmnt with Dropbox and Google Drive, then I'd guess you'd grab the files from there and upload to Garmin Connect.

• 5 months later...

I was hoping that maybe you gents could help me out. I'm using a wahoo Kickr and running it through trainer road which syncs to my garmin account. When trying to claim the vitality points for the trainer road sessions, it isnt recognized. Is this a similar problem to using the Elemnt and is there maybe a way I can work around this without having to record the training session on both my garmin edge and trainer road at the same time?