Unquestionable integrity

Traveler

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which auditing company could that possibly be?

Auditing, certifcation, verification and testing.

Not the one in Groenkloof......

But a Geneva based one with 2,500 offices globally, and 95,000 employees.

Op just out of interest, how did Postnet/aramex deal with the missing parcel, despite not offering insurance and claiming not to have any liability for loss whilst goods are in their care in their T&C's, were they prepared to pay out something for the lost parcel?

They took it relatively seriously. But I logged the case with their global site, not local. They did admit the parcel disappeared in CPT.

They took it relatively seriously. But I logged the case with their global site, not local. They did admit the parcel disappeared in CPT.

Have they offered to compensate you or the seller for the loss?

Auditing, certifcation, verification and testing.

Not the one in Groenkloof......

But a Geneva based one with 2,500 offices globally, and 95,000 employees.

I've also only had good dealings with hubbers, I always insist on insurance when buying/selling high value items. At the end of the day it protects both parties.

T

I've also only had good dealings with hubbers, I always insist on insurance when buying/selling high value items. At the end of the day it protects both parties.

T

Which couriers insure 2hnd goods though?

Since starting cycling again a year ago i have sold most of my retro equipment and apparel to hubbers and bought all the gear i needed to start Mtb from members . All deals were perfectly executed both ways .Thanks hubbers .

I work with a bunch of auditors daily. Integrity has never been an issue..... however.... time management, communication and organization gives me all my loads of grey hair.

We have some spare capacity :P 

Some of my clients that left us due to the market pressure are now facing JSE scrutiny as they are months late reporting. #WhoKnew

Which couriers insure 2hnd goods though?

PostNet to PostNet, they have never asked me if its 2hnd, only the value of the item insured. Sent a fork to from Durban to Johannesburg and paid around 3% on the invoice amount and a frame from Cape Town to Durban, same thing.

PostNet to PostNet, they have never asked me if its 2hnd, only the value of the item insured. Sent a fork to from Durban to Johannesburg and paid around 3% on the invoice amount and a frame from Cape Town to Durban, same thing.

That's the problem, most of the Postnet counter staff don't know the system too well other than capturing the details and taking your money, Postnet insurance does not cover 2hnd goods, if you try and claim they'll ask if it's new and require proof of that.

If you don't believe me ask the store manager next time you are there.

From now I am only using The Courier Guy, or perhaps second option will be Fastway. Sent wheels to a Hubber in Paarl a week ago using Fastway, and paid R178.00 including insurance. Dropped the box at Fastway on Thursday afternoon and he got his box on Tuesday morning, if you consider there was a weekend in between then it was really good for an economy service and about 20% the price quoted by some other major shippers for such a large box.

Dealing on The Hub has only always been a pleasurable experience for me and I have met some really cool people along the way

Fortunately I have had great experience with plenty guys, I was recently blown away by the professional manner in which Bike Market dealt with me. I can only say: DANG.

I have however in 2018 had 3 experiences with buyers probably half my age..... and it was relatively soon clear that they did not place the same value in "as good as your words". One negotiated me down on a frame and then advertised that frame the same day on the Hub for a 100% markup from my original advert. The other 2 advertised 26'ers which I was looking for a project bikes for kids living in a place of safety; upon our face to face meetings their prices suddenly increased substantially because the one did not realise his bike was worth as much and the second made a mistake in his price when he advertised it.

In saying that; these 3 are the only times I have yet had experiences which left me with a bitter taste in the mouth.

.......; upon our face to face meetings their prices suddenly increased substantially because the one did not realise his bike was worth as much and the second made a mistake in his price when he advertised it.

There seem to be a trend in the market with this. Had the same experience with 1 guy. Other than that 99% of the ppl on the hub are ok to deal with. Those I have dealt with in the past everything went smooth