List of event organisers

Chris NewbyFraser

Do you know of any other event organisers / event listings or event venues that publicise events, particularly mtb? I know of these:

• Cycle Events
  • Bikehub
  • Cyclingsa
  • ROAG (KZN)
  • Lowveld chain gang (Mpumalanga)
  • Advendurance
  • Spectrum sport
  • BoutTime (seem to focus on northern half of SA)
  • HA Toere (Limpopo)
  • Entryninja
  • Entrytime
  • ASG
  • PPA (W Cape)

Bicycling mag seems to have stopped listing events.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know of any other event organisers / event listings or event venues that publicise events, particularly mtb? I know of these:

• Cycle Events
  • Bikehub
  • Cyclingsa
  • ROAG (KZN)
  • Advendurance
  • Spectrum sport
  • HA Toere (Limpopo)
  • Entryninja
  • Entrytime
  • ASG
  • PPA (W Cape)

I heard something that BoutTime is moving down to the Cape probably in 2019.

• 1 year later...

Your local provincial Commission should publish an annual race calendar listing all sanctioned events for the year. In KZN the MTB list includes the local XCO series, SA Cup XCO series, classics, stage races, schools events etc. If I recall correctly we had just over 80 races on the list for 2019. This is great for rider and race organizer planning

Is there some way to get onto their (BoutTime) mailing list for upcoming events ?

I'm on it but I think it was from when I did one of their events and clicked yes for allowing emails. I'm sure if you contacted them they would add you.

• Cycle Events
  • Bikehub
  • Cyclingsa
  • ROAG (KZN)
  • Advendurance
  • Spectrum sport
  • HA Toere (Limpopo)
  • Entryninja
  • Entrytime
  • ASG
  • PPA (W Cape)

MET(Master events & Timing) They mostly do the Spur School races up in Gauteng

MET(Master events & Timing) They mostly do the Spur School races up in Gauteng

Interesting.

Trailtag does the timing for SPUR in the Western Cape.  Think they only do timing though, dont know if they organise other events.  I know they dont organise the SPUR events.

We're going to be completely rebuilding the events calendar next year. It's in a bit of a shambles currently.

Is being able to sort by organiser important or is more about finding a comprehensive list of events?

We're going to be completely rebuilding the events calendar next year. It's in a bit of a shambles currently.

Is being able to sort by organiser important or is more about finding a comprehensive list of events?

Search. just need them categorised properly and then search sorts it out for however you want to customise it

nothing new, been done plenty of time before but don't think it ever gets to be monetised so okes lose focus on something that is just a time thief.

like so

bikehub's unique thing would be the forum aspect. have threads coming off an event, live FAQs with organsiers that vibe.

Edited by Shebeen

Our typical search parameters, when available :

1) Province ....

2) MTB / Road

3) Race / fun ride / multi day  (and now also multi day events that allows entry for one day ..)

4) distances, and route details  (can our 8 year old ride it ... uhm,,, can I ride it ....)

Sadly the most important factor seems most often neglected ..... we need to shcedule these rides with school sports and other things, so the earlier the dates are made available the better.

January this year we stopped at Manic Cycles in Worcester, because we know they co-sponsor so many of the events in the area .... NO, they could not give us any info on the ride schedule, as the organisers are the only ones that can confirm the dates, and sadly the organisers failed miserably in marketing the events !!  The events itself was GOOD !!  But mostly we only heard about it by word of mouth ....