2018 Bike Hub Fantasy Tour

News bot

The rules will apply as per usual.

Participants have until 11h10 SAST on Saturday, 7 July 2018 to pick their teams. This is the official start time for the first stage. So you can change your team freely until then.

There is the chance that Froome will make the official start list but does not start. In that case, he will be marked as dropped out on the Fantasy League.

This is like Bling Matthews all over again[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys! I finally got a chance to visit le hub again and realised it's tdf fantasy tour time!!

I have made my (probably useless) selections and hope to be able to at least finish the tour with a full team - last year I only had 6 left out of 12.

Last year was a complete bogger op..I think I Finished last year 5 riders.. 5[emoji102]

I really enjoyed the year when we has that predict the stage winner thing going.. that was just an added little competition that kept us going.. would love to see that return even without prizes.

I really enjoyed the year when we has that predict the stage winner thing going.. that was just an added little competition that kept us going.. would love to see that return even without prizes.

Jip that WAS quite cool...picking one out of 176 riders is not an easy feat  :clap:  it was fun and also pulling HAIR out of your skull when your pick ended 2nd or 3rd on a specific stage...LOL...maybe we should not request it again  :ph34r:  :devil:  it's already difficult enough...but I agree it was something ADDED on a daily basis  :thumbup:

Eks so deurmekaar soos 'n verkleurmannetjie op 'n smartie boks.

:wacko:

I think I will be making huge pick mistakes again...

Edited by s14phoenix

Eks so deurmekaar soos 'n verkleurmannetjie op 'n smartie boks.

:wacko:

I think I will be making huge pick mistakes again...

That is the same issue we ALL have  :cursing:  :devil:  LOTS OF LUCK ALSO INVOLVED IN THIS GAME!!!

How can you perfectly predict the outcome of a 3 week long cycle race with 3500 off kilometers from start to finish...the same chance we have of winning the Lotto  :clap: well ONE lucky Bliks#m will be the "closest" to predicting the final result...

Last year was a complete bogger op..I think I Finished last year 5 riders.. 5[emoji102]

Same, Eish I just saw that stage 9 is a cobbled stage. With my luck I'm bound to lose some riders there.

My new goal is to finish with as little riders as possible.  :D (Some reverse psychology on the cycling gods, can't hurt.) 

Thanks to Bikehub for putting this together. So here we go again, my relatively psychologically stable self is about to traverse that range of emotions normally associated with serious mental disorders. I hold you personally responsible for my anxiety, lack of sleep, OCD, ADD, dependant personality disorder and a whole bunch of other personality disorders as I contemplate my picks. :w00t:   

This is just before we even get to the line, then as the race rolls out of town I suffer feelings of ebullience and depression all at the same time as my picked riders win and lose. I inflict self harm through over indulgence of too much beer in celebration or drowning of my sorrows as the daily post race results are made clear. :wacko:

My wife initially asks if she can assist as I sit in quite amazement as my top pick tumbles from the top 50 at the team time trial. In the 2nd week however she storms off to our room as I lose all sense of reality swearing at the screen as my top GC contender crashes out. My dog even retires as far away from me as possible as he gives up on his daily walk and my demeanor.

The highs and lows as I move slowly up and then plummet down the log like a broken elevator are tantamount to bouts of bipolarism.   :w00t:  :thumbup:  :thumbdown:

Thanks Bkehub for testing that range of emotions that otherwise would not have pervaded my life, at least I am shown that even a normal even tempered guy can be inflicted by le Tour and the fantasy game. Thanks for bringing on that full range of emotions I wouldn't have it any other way.. :clap:

I joined for the first time.  I have absolutely no clue but picked my team and will see how it goes.

Same here! I'm at "analysis paralysis" point....